Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D Centurion Project

That bobtail conversion is badass, would like to see the entire profile of the gun with it please!

I had a private message chat with another member about the benefits and negatives of putting fiber in a stock 92 sights....here is what I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus

I had my fiber done by a local gun smith shop, which is actually the approved S&W warranty repair center. He did a decent job of it. I took some pics for you so you can see how it looks. He drilled out the tritium and I asked him to mill a channel and leave the metal bare to collect more light.

As I posted in the 92D thread, and you can see from the pic below, I wish I had just used my paint method and left the front sight alone. I’m a little worried about the longevity of the fiber front. To be fair, I have a ton of dry practice and almost 1000 rounds on my Girsan (Beretta Centurion clone), which had the same fibre treatment, and it has not given me any problems. In my opinion, paint gives a brighter sight picture than fiber in every lighting condition other than bright sunlight, and it is still plenty bright in sunlight.

I hope these pics help you with your decision!

Cheers,
    Clobb
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Someone should talk me out of buying a 92D Centurion soon, or it will be too late.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Someone should talk me out of buying a 92D Centurion soon, or it will be too late.
    Buy a 92D Centurion soon, or it will be too late.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    ^^^^^Listen to Joe.

I really need to pull mine out of the safe and start shooting it again. It’s been a long time since it made a trip to the range.

Is Tooltech the only place to have the sights re-lumped?

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I really need to pull mine out of the safe and start shooting it again. It’s been a long time since it made a trip to the range.

Is Tooltech the only place to have the sights re-lumped?
    Mine still had a very faint glow, so I was able to send my slide to Trijicon a couple of years ago, and got it done there.
    I don't know if that's still a possibility.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Mine still had a very faint glow, so I was able to send my slide to Trijicon a couple of years ago, and got it done there.
    I don't know if that's still a possibility.
    Trijicon re-lamped a couple of slides for me within the last 12 months, and the price was very reasonable. Call their warranty department for an RMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Trijicon re-lamped a couple of slides for me within the last 12 months, and the price was very reasonable. Call their warranty department for an RMA.
    About $60 for my slide, and they added a nice red insert on the front.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Are they really swapping the insert, or is it the pin-on front that's taller and wider?

I'm kinda thinking I'll just make a brass bead insert.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Are they really swapping the insert, or is it the pin-on front that's taller and wider?

I'm kinda thinking I'll just make a brass bead insert.
    Trijicon replaces the glass vial in the original sight. They will also repaint the white outline rings if you want. Cost is about $20 per lamp.

User Tag List