Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Just reiterating I love the F.A.R.T.

FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    4-5 gallons of 9mm brass cleaned in an hour, dried in 90 mins, and all loaded three hours later...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    FIFY
    I’m not that fast. Alhough in a few hours on each of the last 2 nights I did load about 3400 9mm’s including case gauging every round.

I also spent over 1/2 of the first evening tearing down a 1050 arm joint then cleaning and re-packing the bearing. Turns out my issue was something else. Sigh.

My normal load speed these days is 2100 rounds an hour - I can’t quite keep up at that speed with feeding the machine components, fixing issues, spot-QC’ing rounds (OAL, Crimp, Primer Deating Depth) and case gauging every round produced in a Hundo Case Gauge. Then again I’m not that far behind.

Effective speed is less that 2100 RPH - as I am busier than a one-armed paper hanger and need to maintain that level of intensity for hours at a time. Plus watch NetFlix.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 07-25-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I still vibratory tumble but only for rifle brass. I'll give them a bit of a grind before I lube and size. After that they go into the wash for pins and/or soap and Lemi Shine.

I've done it the other way around by washing and lubing first then tumbling just for a few minutes to get the case lube off. But this usually results in dirty primer pockets and bits of media stuck in the flash holes.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Noticed they now have a mini F.A.R.T.

It is smaller and cheaper (and the price of the larger one went up):
    https://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Ars...2396F1NMJZGMF6
    Looks like it also does not have the timer, not sure if that would or would be a big deal.

It also looks like it comes with screens that would be better for using the pins, and they are available as an accessory:

I still would not plan to use the pins, but if I ever need to again I will buy a set of the screens.

The reason I was looking is that I probably will end up with the dryer. Some of my 300BO cases that I ASSumed would be dry in about a day and a half (without primers) were not.

I'm using the stainless steel pins, Dawn dish soap and lema-shine (citric acid) I think I'll tray the Armor All suds. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    It is smaller and cheaper (and the price of the larger one went up):
    Looks like it also does not have the timer, not sure if that would or would be a big deal.

It also looks like it comes with screens that would be better for using the pins, and they are available as an accessory:

I still would not plan to use the pins, but if I ever need to again I will buy a set of the screens.

The reason I was looking is that I probably will end up with the dryer. Some of my 300BO cases that I ASSumed would be dry in about a day and a half (without primers) were not.

I use a plastic collander and a paint strainer bag to seperate pins from brass. Place the collander inside the bag, pour brass and pins into collander rinse and shake. Pins end up in bag and brass remains in collander. Easy peasy.

One Hour, One (partial) Load, No Pins.
    Name:  OneLoad OneHour NoPins.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  100.7 KB

What did you put in the cleaning solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    What did you put in the cleaning solution?
    Just a very little bit of citric acid (Lemi Shine at the grocery) and the Armorall Car Was soap. If you bounce to the beginning of this thread there was some chat about it.

Site Supporter
    I just bought a lyman brass dryer to help getting my brass dry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

User Tag List