Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just reiterating I love the F.A.R.T.

Thanks again, Tom.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I can’t recall who recommended it in a previous thread but a 5 minute “pre wash” with just hot water will do wonders to get the big stuff off the cases before you put the soap/lemishine in for the long wash.

A 5 minute pre wash, followed by a 1 hour Dawn/Lemishine wash with fresh, hot water (no pins) makes my brass look cleaner and brighter than hours of vibratory cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I dropped mine off at a friends bourse who doubted me, and swore his vibratory tumbler can’t be beat (small Dillon). He had approximately 4-5000 cases to clean, which he estimated would take 8-10 cycles.

He tumbled a load for 4 hours, then we loaded up the fart and ran it for 30 minutes. The brass came out cleaner than what he had been doing. All of his cases are cleaned after 2 cycles with the fart as well.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I dropped mine off at a friends bourse who doubted me, and swore his vibratory tumbler can’t be beat (small Dillon). He had approximately 4-5000 cases to clean, which he estimated would take 8-10 cycles.

He tumbled a load for 4 hours, then we loaded up the fart and ran it for 30 minutes. The brass came out cleaner than what he had been doing. All of his cases are cleaned after 2 cycles with the fart as well.

After going to wet tumbling, I'll never go back to a vibratory tumbler.. it's faster, cleaner, and gives better results.. Besides after going through 2 large Dillon tumblers (motors burnt out in both) I'm convinced that the vibratory tumblers are designed to fail after a bit of useage, forcing you to buy another. I mean, look at how they all work, the motor is bolted to the bottom of the bowl, at the other end of the motor is a weight bolted to the motor's shaft which causes the vibration when it's running, it's also putting alot of stress on the shafts bearings. In the case if the Dillon tumblers, I took the motor from mine and went to a local motor repair shop to see if it could be rebuilt, nope, it was shot, they tried to order a new one as it was made by Emerson Electric. Emerson told them that, that motor was proprietary, made and sold to one customer..Dillion.. Dillon wanted $110 plus shipping to "rebuild" one of mine, I figured if I went that route, I'd be better off buying a new one, so that's when I decided to give wet tumbling a try.. Best move I ever made.. the wore out dillion tumblers are going out in the trash..
    Last edited by ralph; 03-29-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Turns Out, Lemi Shine is for use in the dishwasher...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I use the hive preferred Armor-All and citric acid and they look great and load smooth.
    Don't know how or where (probably FB...), but I tripped over some link that informed me that an intended use of Lemi Shine/citric acid is eliminating chalky white residue in the dishwasher, typically associated with hard water. Tried it and it works great, pleasing the cohabitant a great deal, who had been grumbling about us needing a new dishwasher. Since this is a technical sub forum, I am posting cause I figure many other members probably have well water like we do.

In related news, a few weeks ago she wanted to wash her car and asked me "What soap have you been using to wash the cars?"
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-22-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Site Supporter
    Long time reloader here. Long time tumbler. If I go to the FART, tell m about "drying" the brass. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    I can’t recall who recommended it in a previous thread but a 5 minute “pre wash” with just hot water will do wonders to get the big stuff off the cases before you put the soap/lemishine in for the long wash.

A 5 minute pre wash, followed by a 1 hour Dawn/Lemishine wash with fresh, hot water (no pins) makes my brass look cleaner and brighter than hours of vibratory cleaning.
    I do a heavy first wash and then an Armorall only hour long rinse, pretty much the same results.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Don't know how or where (probably FB...), but I tripped over some link that informed me that an intended use of Lemi Shine/citric acid is eliminating chalky white residue in the dishwasher, typically associated with hard water. Tried it and it works great, pleasing the cohabitant a great deal, who had been grumbling about us needing a new dishwasher. Since this is a technical sub forum, I am posting cause I figure many other members probably have well water like we do.

In related news, a few weeks ago she wanted to wash her car and asked me "What soap have you been using to wash the cars?"
    Just don’t overdo it with the citric acid. If you were seeing pink-ish looking breast, back off.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Long time reloader here. Long time tumbler. If I go to the FART, tell m about "drying" the brass. Thanks
    Food dehydrator. By far the smartest and easiest solution.

https://www.amazon.com/Presto-06300-...ood+dehydrator
    #RESIST

User Tag List