Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Vertec

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As note, a scorched earth version is coming. Eventually.

On another note, we are three pages in an no one else mentioned it, so I will. Wasn’t Todd associated with the Vertec ? I don’t recall i it was his idea or not but I think it was his project while he was at Beretta.
    Todd is mostly responsible for the Vertec. The grip does not work for me because I have meat hooks for hands, but for those with smaller hands it is a real benefit for folks.

Other colors are not outside of our wheelhouse, but it's going to be a while.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

I still yearn for Beretta Elite 1A

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Todd is mostly responsible for the Vertec. The grip does not work for me because I have meat hooks for hands, but for those with smaller hands it is a real benefit for folks.

Other colors are not outside of our wheelhouse, but it's going to be a while.
    I have XXL hands and I can shoot the Vertec well. At least as well as a comparable standard grip. Working and teaching firearms for an agency which issued two “one size fits all” guns including the 96D Brigadier, it is easier to adapt to a grip which is a little too small than to a grip which is too big.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Not at present. We are focusing on catching up with extant orders prior to introducing new things.
    Is there a time line for an all black M9A3? Apologize if I missed the answer to this.

Will the M9A3 safety/decocker (fs) levers he offered do they can be put on a 92? I know the G conversion exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    2. A standard full sized version without the threaded barrel, but retaining the convertible G slide. I guess this would be a Vertec 92 G if it existed.

Although, not a G conversion. I’m very appreciative that Beretta FINALLY offers a G conversion for existing 92FS slides, a still prefer a real G.

Hammertime
    I found Todd's comments in the thread below, Posts 16 and 19:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ll=1#post49683

I pulled salient sentences from both posts into the quote below.

"The 92G Vertec and 92G Compact were two of the best guns, of any kind, I ever used."

"It was "my" project. The LE sales staff was tired of hearing the same old complaints over and over from agencies, so we set out to:

• decrease trigger reach
    • add a light rail
    • make the front sight removable
    • keep the overall gun as small and light as possible
    • improve some of the ergos/shootability

The straight backstrap was the brain child of Tom Valdrose, the BUSA's production manager at the time. He called me into his office one day and literally said, "Close your eyes, I'm going to put something in your hand and I want you to tell me if you like it."

One of the problems with the Vertec was that it came with the short trigger installed. This worked great for someone with short fingers (like me) but folks with longer fingers found they got a lot of trigger bite. It was an important lesson for me -- and an expensive one for Beretta -- just because it works great for me doesn't mean it's ideal for the market."

I'd just like to see the Vertec slide on the 92FS, M9 and M9A1.... And the same with the compacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I found Todd's comments in the thread below, Posts 16 and 19:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ll=1#post49683

I pulled salient sentences from both posts into the quote below.
    I re-read that old thread, two things really jumped out at me. One, how many awesome 92's have been introduced since then, and two, how far the general opinion of the PX4 has risen. Those that are fans of Beretta handguns have really probably never had it so good.

| 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    "No more calls folks, we have a winner!"
    Absolutely spectacular photo!
    You win the Vertec thread!

User Tag List