Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta Vertec

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    1-M9A3 in black would change my current plans of pistol and magazine purchasing. The 92G-SD is what I’d really like, but it’s priced out of my budget.

3+4 - Are there any plans to do this in the future, or just a general commentary?
    Not at present. We are focusing on catching up with extant orders prior to introducing new things.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    1) The standard M9A3? Or one in Black?
    2) All 92F/FS and 96F/FS slides made after 1985 (And actually the SB as well if you are willing to fit the levers) will accept our new G kit. http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    3) Doable and easy, but for our current backorders preventing us from going down that route at the moment. If you wish to do this in the aftermarket, I can point you to a reputable gunsmith who can and has done this conversion.
    4) See above.
    3) Yes x10000. The only thing that kept me from ordering a Cen-Tac was the fact that I DO shoot the Vertec frame better (9 year old girl hands on a 51 yr old man body). Please point me in the right direction.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    3) Yes x10000. The only thing that kept me from ordering a Cen-Tac was the fact that I DO shoot the Vertec frame better (9 year old girl hands on a 51 yr old man body). Please point me in the right direction.
    http://alleghenyarms.com/
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Thanks.

Beretta forum member WAL (Bill) has also converted a few frames to the Vertec style, but be does it all by hand. Josh (Allegheny Arms) does it on machines & has the frame reanodized.

Did a quest during lunch to find a M9A3 locally. I was able to find one and was very impressed, having never handled anything besides the .mil M9/M9A1. I have XL mitts but the grip really seemed to allow me to choke up and grip it harder (have some nerve damage that affects ring and pinky fingers on my dominant hand). As usual with P-F, I see myself buying it in the near future and am eager to see how it compares to the traditional 92 ergos when firing.

Do wish it was available in something other than Fudd Dark Earth.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Did a quest during lunch to find a M9A3 locally. I was able to find one and was very impressed, having never handled anything besides the .mil M9/M9A1. I have XL mitts but the grip really seemed to allow me to choke up and grip it harder (have some nerve damage that affects ring and pinky fingers on my dominant hand). As usual with P-F, I see myself buying it in the near future and am eager to see how it compares to the traditional 92 ergos when firing.

Do wish it was available in something other than Fudd Dark Earth.
    As note, a scorched earth version is coming. Eventually.

On another note, we are three pages in an no one else mentioned it, so I will. Wasn’t Todd associated with the Vertec ? I don’t recall i it was his idea or not but I think it was his project while he was at Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    On another note, we are three pages in an no one else mentioned it, so I will. Wasn’t Todd associated with the Vertec ? I don’t recall i it was his idea or not but I think it was his project while he was at Beretta.
    I went down the rabbit hole of his posting history a few weeks ago to get some Beretta and DA/SA knowledge and, IIRC, he was involved with the Vertec from the beginning. I believe I read the phrase "BUSA couldn't market free sex" or something similar.

I've eaten enough tide pods to forget if it here or on the Beretta forum.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 02-12-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Todd was the product manager for the Vertec and wrote the design spec and product proposal for it.

If you do an advanced search and search for Vertec in posts where ToddG was the author, you will find more info about his involvement.
    I did come across his post before posting this and he thought the Vertec was perfect. For him.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post

I am surprised Beretta does not offer a family of these Vertec pistols consisting of:
    2. A standard full sized version without the threaded barrel, but retaining the convertible G slide. I guess this would be a Vertec 92 G if it existed.
    While not in current production, these pistols do turn up on Gunbroker from time to time. I bought one a couple of years ago for a little over $400. I've seen them a couple of times since then, but the price was a bit higher.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

User Tag List