Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta Vertec

Site Supporter
    When they offer an all black M9A3, I'm not sure I can resist.

The M9A3 is a helluva pistol out of the box. I fell in love with the Vertec frame at first. I spent some training time with one last month and it was swell for awhile but the Vertec frame ended up getting on my nerves. A couple of high round count days and I noticed that it was just fatiguing to keep a high, secure grip on it. I put the rubber grip on it and it made a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    When they offer an all black M9A3, I'm not sure I can resist.
    They alluded to it a few times on their IG page. I am very excited to see what Beretta does once TN is settled in and, unfortunately, now that the MHS fiasco is over.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    The M9A3 is a helluva pistol out of the box. I fell in love with the Vertec frame at first. I spent some training time with one last month and it was swell for awhile but the Vertec frame ended up getting on my nerves. A couple of high round count days and I noticed that it was just fatiguing to keep a high, secure grip on it. I put the rubber grip on it and it made a world of difference.
    Then you sold it. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    You are the second in this thread to mention this. I haven’t shot the vertec enough to have an opinion.
    My experiences are the same as @GJM. Have 2 M9A3s and both have the wrap around rubber grips installed.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-11-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Then you sold it. Why?
    After getting some time on it I realized that I did not have any desire to return to a TDA.

I tried the Vertec grip on my M9A3 for part of my first range trip. Found I was shooting low regularly. I figure the lack of meat at the bottom of the frame causes the bottom of the grip to move backward bringing the barrel down a bit. Since I never have a problem reaching the DA trigger, apparently I must have long fingers although my hand is not very big. So I put the wrap grip on and haven't looked back. I could shoot a Vertec fine if needed but fortunately no need.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Beretta has produced Vertec 92Gs in the past. More recently, a black M9A3 has been teased by Ernest Langdon. I think Beretta is so behind on the standard M9A3 orders that it has pushed back plans to expand the lineup. I suspect we'll start seeing these (along with the Langdon 92) when production at the new factory catches up.

Attachment 23738

By the way, it isn't the slide that is G convertible. You can find an older Vertec 92FS and convert it to a 92G with the new lever.
    You just can't resist posting a pic with that Watson, can you?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    I am surprised Beretta does not offer a family of these Vertec pistols consisting of:

1. The M9A3 “tactical” version.
    2. A standard full sized version without the threaded barrel, but retaining the convertible G slide. I guess this would be a Vertec 92 G if it existed.
    3. A Vertec frame Centurion. Something similar to a Vertec framed Cent Tac.
    4. A Vertec Compact, again with convertible slide controls.

Perhaps some of the above variants exist and I am unaware of them? I find Berettas 92 model line hard to follow.

1) The standard M9A3? Or one in Black?
    2) All 92F/FS and 96F/FS slides made after 1985 (And actually the SB as well if you are willing to fit the levers) will accept our new G kit. http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    3) Doable and easy, but for our current backorders preventing us from going down that route at the moment. If you wish to do this in the aftermarket, I can point you to a reputable gunsmith who can and has done this conversion.
    4) See above.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    1) The standard M9A3? Or one in Black?
    2) All 92F/FS and 96F/FS slides made after 1985 (And actually the SB as well if you are willing to fit the levers) will accept our new G kit. http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    3) Doable and easy, but for our current backorders preventing us from going down that route at the moment. If you wish to do this in the aftermarket, I can point you to a reputable gunsmith who can and has done this conversion.
    4) See above.
    1-M9A3 in black would change my current plans of pistol and magazine purchasing. The 92G-SD is what I’d really like, but it’s priced out of my budget.

3+4 - Are there any plans to do this in the future, or just a general commentary?

User Tag List