Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta Vertec

Hammertime

Beretta Vertec

Worked with the Brig Tac, and M9A3 dry last evening and have some thoughts:

Neither Beretta trigger is tuned in any way and they are mostly indistinguishable from each other.

I came away really impressed with the M9A3’s Vertec grip and slide. The grip is really comfy. The slide feels about the right weight.

The M9A3 has everything one would need in a pistol, at a fairly reasonable price now a days. I am surprised we don’t see a lot more sold. I think I kind of prefer the M9A3 to the Brig Tac actually. I have never liked the weight of the Brig slide.

I am surprised Beretta does not offer a family of these Vertec pistols consisting of:

1. The M9A3 “tactical” version.
    2. A standard full sized version without the threaded barrel, but retaining the convertible G slide. I guess this would be a Vertec 92 G if it existed.
    3. A Vertec frame Centurion. Something similar to a Vertec framed Cent Tac.
    4. A Vertec Compact, again with convertible slide controls.

Perhaps some of the above variants exist and I am unaware of them? I find Berettas 92 model line hard to follow.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 02-11-2018 at 06:30 PM.

they both have the D spring, so the triggers should feel the same.

Well, they have offered the standard Vertec and a G version. All of the F model slides are convertible with the M9A3 G conversion kit sold on BUSA website.

The Vertec grip is one of those things that plenty of people love in the shop, then they shoot then and there's a performance drop compared to the standard grip frame. I'm actually not one of those people and I have no trouble getting the same performance from a Vertec frame as a regular 92 frame.

I agree with you that the M9A3 offers a ton of good stuff, comparable to the Wilson guns, but at a somewhat reduced cost compared to the Wilson guns. I liked mine so much I went out and got a second one. On the flip, I'm not actively planning on a second Brig Tac or a second Centac.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I am surprised Beretta does not offer a family of these Vertec pistols consisting of:

1. The M9A3 “tactical” version.
    2. A standard full sized version without the threaded barrel, but retaining the convertible G slide. I guess this would be a Vertec 92 G if it existed.
    Beretta has produced Vertec 92Gs in the past. More recently, a black M9A3 has been teased by Ernest Langdon. I think Beretta is so behind on the standard M9A3 orders that it has pushed back plans to expand the lineup. I suspect we'll start seeing these (along with the Langdon 92) when production at the new factory catches up.

Name:  12825879_582553808570047_33496201_n.jpg
Views: 3798
Size:  97.1 KB

By the way, it isn't the slide that is G convertible. You can find an older Vertec 92FS and convert it to a 92G with the new lever.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 02-11-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Vertec lower feels great in my hands, but doesn’t do as well as the regular frame for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post

The M9A3 has everything one would need in a pistol, at a fairly reasonable price now a days. I am surprised we don’t see a lot more sold. I think I kind of prefer the M9A3 to the Brig Tac actually. I have never liked the weight of the Brig slide.
    Good to know, I have been weighing the merits of the two mentally, even though I have no need for a suppressor host.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    By the way, it isn't the slide that is G convertible. You can find an older Vertec 92FS and convert it to a 92G with the new lever.
    I did not know this. Thank you. I always thought the FS slides needed machining for the conversion.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Vertec lower feels great in my hands, but doesn’t do as well as the regular frame for me.
    You are the second in this thread to mention this. I haven’t shot the vertec enough to have an opinion.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    All of the F model slides are convertible with the M9A3 G conversion kit sold on BUSA website. .
    I just learned that from this thread. Hmmm. Opens up a lot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I agree with you that the M9A3 offers a ton of good stuff, comparable to the Wilson guns, but at a somewhat reduced cost compared to the Wilson guns. I liked mine so much I went out and got a second one. On the flip, I'm not actively planning on a second Brig Tac or a second Centac.
    I am considered a second given I can get one now for nearly $300 less than my first one.

Removed
    Last edited by Jared; 02-11-2018 at 08:09 PM.

User Tag List