Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RFI: discrete long gun cases/bags for transpo of full-size riles to the range

I use a Pelican case with non-gun related stickers on it, but no matter what kind of case you use-guitar, guns, golf clubs-it's still a target.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Plain canvas 48" duffle and a used padded guitar case I picked up cheap on ebay. I rarely use them since I got my truck vault.

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    ...and music instrument cases...
    I have been known to engage in shady behavior (case is worth more than the gun, btw)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD View Post
    I have used the storage bag for a folding camp chair to carry my Marlin 336 before.
    I’ve done the same. Roll long gun (M1A SOCOM 16, Beretta 1301T, etc, in an army blanket, put it in the camp chair bag) - very low-profile.

Site Supporter
    LAPG has one of the Vertx bags on sale right now. Not big enough for Sidhe's 41 inch requirement, but fits my M4geries.

https://www.lapolicegear.com/vtx-506...messenger.html
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Old Mountainsmith cargo bag, aka Mr Serious's Bag of Evil.

After Vegas I wonder how low key duffel bags will be, especially checking in to a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    After Vegas I wonder how low key duffel bags will be, especially checking in to a hotel.
    Hotels are asking for a losing battle if they want to go all TSA on everyone checking into a hotel. Most can't possibly check every bag that comes into the hotel anyways as many have multiple entrances/exits that are unmonitored but able to be accessed by room key card. Kind of going off key with this thread though. Might be good to open another thread for that discussion.

I'm trying to figure a lo-pro way to carry all my shooting gear since I live in an apartment complex. Rolling Pelican cases out is an easy way to catch someone's eye, even if I do live in the really good part of town it just takes one person to tell a friend they say a dude carrying multiple big cases in and out of his apartment since a hard case like that is only used for something expensive.

A duffle bag and a folding lawn chair bag might be a good way to go about this. The lawn chair bag seems like the only way to carry a 1301T without it looking obvious since it can't be broken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I use a Pelican case with non-gun related stickers on it, but no matter what kind of case you use-guitar, guns, golf clubs-it's still a target.
    I wonder if these guys have company labels and kit labels that may reduce the attractiveness of the case?

https://www.allvetsupply.com/arinkit...SABEgLQLvD_BwE

Ive carried my takedown model 12 Winchester in a small hard side suitcase, one of the old school ones with leather outsides. It fit nicely corner to corner in the lid portion, so all that showed was clothes if opened. Fairly low key for a historical tourist spot hotel in a historic town.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    Hotels are asking for a losing battle if they want to go all TSA on everyone checking into a hotel.
    I was referring to general public/other hotel occupants. The hotel staff/mgmt angle is interesting tho.

User Tag List