Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obscure guns and variants that hold your interest

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The Walch Navy revolver has always kicked my giggle box...

But that's probably just the Louis L'amour novellas of my childhood talking...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Me too !

Well I do call myself "Revolver"Rob. Obscure wheel guns are a genuine love 'n lust situation from me

I have always wanted a MKII-variant Le Mat (well let's be fair, a pair of them).
    Russian Nagants are "quasi" obscure guns that I need another couple of. Including a Russian and Swedish (Husqvarna) model - Would love to have a Chinese one too.
    I'd really like to have one of the M10s that were made as first passes for Tunnel Rats - http://weaponsman.com/?p=25023
    A Manurhin MR73 3"
    One of those never existed Russian REXs (Revolver for EXport)
    An Anderson Wheeler top-break Webley
    A Merwin-Hulbert
    And because I read "Flint" by Louis L'amour like 35 times too many, a pair of Smith No. 3s in .44.
    Then a whole bunch of military revos - a Lebel 1873 and 1892, Webley Bulldog, Swiss 82/29 - etc.

___

Then there's other obscura - a M712 Schnellfeuer, a Karl Gustav kg m/1921 - http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artikla...wedish_kg2.htm - a Husqvarna 1907 (effectively a Colt 1903/1908 in 9mm long), a Roth-Steyr 1907 - I'm sure I can think of a couple of dozen others.

Bland Webley Pryse .577 DA revolver.
    Last edited by 1slow; 02-12-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My LGS just got in a nice 544 at a reasonable price. I have no connection but pm me if you are interested.

Is it my imagination or did Marlin do a 336 version of the guide gun in 30-30 or 35 R.E.M. ?
    Thanks for the lead on the M544. I bought my pair back in the 1990s when no one wanted them. I assume the price has risen a bit since then.

Yes, there was a Marlin Guide Gun (336D) in .35 Remington with an 18.5-inch barrel and stainless models (336LTD and 336SS) with twenty-inch barrels.

I like rifles with full length stocks. So far all I have is a 10/22 but eventually I'd like to have a Ruger 77 and/or a Number 1 International.

Primitive/craft made guns, like the Luby 9mm, VG2 and VG1-5.

Pretty much any of the toggle-locking/toggle-delayed interwar rifles. That whole interwar period is so ridiculously interesting, actually.

I'm also a fan of full stocked rifles. I've always wanted a vintage Mauser Type-M, as well as a new production Mauser M Stutzen. I'd say they're fairly obscure in the US, not so much for Europeans.
    Last edited by TGS; 02-12-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Name:  4EAEED16-B921-4344-998A-9EF695324A63.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  98.1 KB

Australian Automatic Arms 9mm.
    They were made to compete with the MP5.
    The Australian gobernment bought AAA out and destroyed the tooling.
    There’s not many around.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Colt revolving rifles and shotguns. When I was a kid we knew someone with a fantastic gun collection and it was his Colt revolving shotguns and rifles from the 1800's that fascinated me. At the time I always wondered why anyone back then would have wanted anything else. Today I know they weren't the most reliable or capable arms but even a picture of one still makes me go, "Ooooh."

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    And because I read "Flint" by Louis L'amour like 35 times too many, a pair of Smith No. 3s in .44.
    "Flint" is hands down L'amour's best work. I re-read it at least once a year. Why someone never did a movie of it is beyond me. A slightly younger Sam Elliot would have killed it as Flint.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    "Flint" is hands down L'amour's best work. I re-read it at least once a year. Why someone never did a movie of it is beyond me. A slightly younger Sam Elliot would have killed it as Flint.
    I always felt like a middle-aged Eastwood would have made a good Flint. But maybe Tom Hardy could do it today? He was so good in Bronson and Lawless, I think he could channel the reckless aspects of Flint well.

I've read virtually everything L'amour wrote and I tend to agree that Flint is one of his very best. Flint, Ferguson Rifle, and First Fast Draw are three of his very best...ironically they're all F-titles...I think I re-read each of those once every 18-months or so.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 02-12-2018 at 06:20 PM.

User Tag List