Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 38 Special HST 130gr +P in Organic Gel

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    For cops, a fair number. Non-LE won't be shooting into cars, but might have to shoot out of theirs in certain carjacking scenarios.
    I'm non LE and Ive shot into a car. It's not the most likely scenario but it can happen in a variety of likely scenarios.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    ...you can generally get cracked/broken take off windshields for little or nothing.. .
    I just checked a Safelite shop that's close to my house. They do not sell or give out scrap gas.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 02-17-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I would have dismissed glass as a civilian concern a year ago. But what we've been seeing in Europe with vehicles turned into weapons of terror has me rethinking that.
    I have to admit that's crossed my mind also.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I just checked a Safelite shop that's close to my house. They do not sell or give out scrap gas.

I'd try an independent glass shop if you can find one. They're a dying breed but they have far less corporate policy bullshit.

I got a cracked windshield free from a salvage yard. The crack is in one corner so it won't hurt anything.

The down side is the glass is curved so it will be difficult to get a consistent angle shot after shot or later on down the road when this one is no longer useful.

Yikes. Trying to cut the cracked part off the windshield doesn't work very well. There's no way to lay the glass flat on my work table so it just cracks worse. Still I think I have a fairly workable piece that's not cracked in the center.

I will try to shoot tomorrow. Maybe Monday at the latest.

$15.95 @SGammo. Best price I have seen.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/federa...-ammo-p38hst1s
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Yikes. Trying to cut the cracked part off the windshield doesn't work very well. There's no way to lay the glass flat on my work table so it just cracks worse. Still I think I have a fairly workable piece that's not cracked in the center.

I will try to shoot tomorrow. Maybe Monday at the latest.

Some FDs use a blade like a giant hacksaw to cut windshield glass and it works well while the windshield is in the car. I don't know how many TPI the blade has or if it would work with a windshield not in a frame, but we have some FFs on this forum that might be able to tell you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I'll call an actual glass shop tomorrow and see what a piece of flat AS1 glass costs.

I'll call an actual glass shop tomorrow and see what a piece of flat AS1 glass costs.
    Six pieces of AS1 laminated safety glass cost me $80. These are flat plates that measure 12X16" in size. The plates are fairly pricey but I'm hoping this batch will last awhile. I'm hoping to get three or four shots per plate.

My plan now is to visit the local hardware store and buy some various pieces of 3/4" PVC to make a frame to set the glass on. My plan is to use a couple 45-degree elbows at the bottom and stick some arms in that extend up and support the glass. The glass and PVC contraption can be set on a table or on the ground in front of the block. Being made of PVC it should be light and easily carried. I won't glue anything together so it can be taken apart for transport and so parts can be replaced if damaged.

User Tag List