Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm full size .40 Middle child or Workhorse?

Storm, Beretta needs to pay you to write a book with all the information you have put out on these guns. Amazing.

10Q

Quote Originally Posted by Akc47 View Post
    Storm, Beretta needs to pay you to write a book with all the information you have put out on these guns. Amazing.
    Thanks for the encouraging words. Fortunately, this Forum gives us a place to write it all out interactively.

Just curious, do you do the same type thing for other brands, or are you a Beretta man through and through.

Focus according to interest

Just curious, do you do the same type thing for other brands, or are you a Beretta man through and through.
    Though I did go to Gunsmithing school to learn as much versatility about any firearm, my focus seems to go with my interest. Back in the day I could tell you anything about a Smith & Wesson revolver, Ruger revolver or a Colt. I did action jobs and work on Smith & Wesson revolvers, as well as Rugers.

So, I am not a generically Beretta fan, but my interest in the PX4 Storm has me to find out everything I can about it because of that interest. I've been shooting PX4 Storms since they came out and have been researching and studying them since then.

What it the primary attribute that attracted you to the PX4 over the thousands of other guns out there? I guess I have started the interview section of the thread, LOL.

The PX4 attraction...

What it the primary attribute that attracted you to the PX4 over the thousands of other guns out there? I guess I have started the interview section of the thread, LOL.
    I have been handgunning for over 40 years. I have had every kind of handgun out there. I found the PX4 Storm to have some traits that made it a keeper.

I like the DA/SA for safety in carrying and initial confrontation. I have carried many revolvers, 1911, etc.. Having the first trigger pull to be long and intentional, as well as safe holstering, is important to me. The PX4 has the most versatile and easily modified trigger pulls I've seen. My PX4 .45 G range pistol has a 5.75 lb DA and a 3.2 lb SA with no light strikes. It has 119,000 rounds on it and is still tight and accurate. The PX4 has backstraps that fit me well.

I like that the entire pistol can be disassembled for detail cleaning by the user. I like that parts are easily maintained. Beretta claims that it has less moving parts, which means less things to break. This is true.

Aftermarket options from Beretta & LTT make for so many variations and personalizing.

The quality of bar stock, cold hammer forged, chromium lining and other traits are outstanding. The barrel locking system, breech face advantages and capabilities to run with broken parts.... I could go on.

Super reliability. Super durability. Super accuracy. Consistency.

I like the design and class that shows in its engineering.

There are those nose-in-tail trail horses that must have whatever is currently in vogue or popular, but I like the PX4. It gives different size options and 4 calibers.

It suits my needs. It is fun.

BeenALongTime - Thanks for the sight feedback. The Trijicon B&T interest me the most but all three colors look the same, white. Do the tritium colors only show up at night? Yellow front / Green Rear would be my choice.

Low light, not necessarily night.
    BE14-C-600767 is the model closest to your choice (same colors, opposite locations). I ordered the green/green (easiest to find), for my experiment. (where I blacked out the rear and am having the white ring replaced with orange)

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Having the first trigger pull to be long and intentional, as well as safe holstering, is important to me.
    This is a very big reason why, despite decidedly NOT being a Beretta fanboy, I still prefer the PX4. Nothing is fail-safe or idiot-proof, but I find the PX4 is less "hairy for carry" than other semiautos I have used.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I ordered the carry levers, the d spring and the mag release kit. Will I need any special tools to install them? Thx

Tools

I ordered the carry levers, the d spring and the mag release kit. Will I need any special tools to install them? Thx
    A flat impact surface 1/16th punch (for the decocker lever pin), a 3/32nd for the hammer spring cap pin (it is also good to have that for an extractor pin punch if later you get industrious) and a thin bladed regular screwdriver for removing your backstrap retention wire. That same wire can be used as a tool for your magazine release button locking pin. Evidently, if you will have to punch out pins, you will want a small hammer.

User Tag List