Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm full size .40 Middle child or Workhorse?

Does adding a Sprinco recoil reduction kit reduce recoil further without decreasing reliability?

Recoil

Quote Originally Posted by Akc47 View Post
    Does adding a Sprinco recoil reduction kit reduce recoil further without decreasing reliability?
    Anytime you install a part not made by the manufacturer or an authorized affiliate you run the risk of decreasing reliability or voiding your warranty. That said... I have never tried this kit, but have heard from those that have. Most have said that it was a nice placebo, but some say it helps with recoil. It is supposed to make a progressive tension system, which theoretically could help.

I went looking at guns today and found an HK USP 40. The SA trigger pull was very long, gritty and stiff. I also found a Beretta px4 in 9mm. The SA pull on it was shorter, lighter and smoother. Assuming the px4 40 trigger would be like the 9mm and that most HK’s would be similar to this one, I liked px4 better. Is the 9 trigger like the 40 trigger on a px4. In general, is the HK trigger not as good as the px4 in SA or was my experience an oddity?

trigger quality

I went looking at guns today and found an HK USP 40. The SA trigger pull was very long, gritty and stiff. I also found a Beretta px4 in 9mm. The SA pull on it was shorter, lighter and smoother. Assuming the px4 40 trigger would be like the 9mm and that most HK’s would be similar to this one, I liked px4 better. Is the 9 trigger like the 40 trigger on a px4. In general, is the HK trigger not as good as the px4 in SA or was my experience an oddity?
    I have heard many reports that are similar to yours. My guess is that it would not be an oddity.

The PX4 9mm and the PX4 .40 use the same trigger and trigger mechanism and would therefore produce the same result.

Is there any difference in an Inox version and regular other than color?

stainless

Is there any difference in an Inox version and regular other than color?
    Inox is short for inoxidizable. Meaning that it does not rust. In effect it resists rusting better. Other than the slide being stainless steel, there is no difference in parts, function or dimensions.

Back before the pandemic and the social unrest, what was a fair price for the PX4 in 40?

Back before the pandemic and the social unrest, what was a fair price for the PX4 in 40?
    Forums all over the place have comments about finding new PX4's for $350+. In spite of them not being a terribly popular gun, I've typically seen them priced close to retail.

I'm not sure I've seen a sub-$500 PX4 in person. Just before the pandemic, I handled a full size PX4 in .40S&W at the nearby gun shop. They wanted $515 for it, and it was listed as a "Sale" item. I probably would have bought that gun in 9mm or .45 Auto at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Forums all over the place have comments about finding new PX4's for $350+. In spite of them not being a terribly popular gun, I've typically seen them priced close to retail.

I'm not sure I've seen a sub-$500 PX4 in person. Just before the pandemic, I handled a full size PX4 in .40S&W at the nearby gun shop. They wanted $515 for it, and it was listed as a "Sale" item. I probably would have bought that gun in 9mm or .45 Auto at that price.
    I do recall a period maybe 6-10 months ago when Bud’s had the FDE PX4 9mm for $400 for quite a while until they were sold out. I check periodically on slickguns.com and rarely see any of the PX4’s dip below 500 now.

Before all this, most of my PX4's in .40 or 9mm, were bought for around $399. There were a couple of .40 C models (no decocker/safety), that I don't remember, but I think were a bit less (probably close after transfer fee).
    About a month ago, sportsmansguide superstore? place had a bunch of them on closeout for $350ish. I wish I had picked up a full size DA/SA, but I just prefer the compact, so I skipped it.

User Tag List