Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm full size .40 Middle child or Workhorse?

At one point, Wal, from the Beretta forum, made a 9mm barrel, to fit a .40 slide, but full size only. The last one I believe was sent to Mr. Langdon.

Normally, it would be cheaper to find a separate gun, now may be the exception to that rule, however even slides and parts are being sold for more, based on what I see. Patience is key.
    I've been watching out for a .45 PX4 and recently found a police trade in for under my budget. In another year, we may see .40's being traded back in.

beenalongtime,
    Sportsman's Supply has several NIB PX4 45's for sale on Gunbroker right now. FYI

What are the best night sights that will fit the gun? I looked at the sights available on the Beretta website and the comments make it seem like most of them don't properly fit. The base of the sights overhang the frame of the gun, I think. What experiences have you guys had?

Site Supporter
    @Akc47 - IMO the Ameriglo CAP sights that Langdon offers through his website, I don't think they're available anywhere else. If you go this route, I recommend you send him the slide and let him do the installation as well. I have three full-size PX4s and have those sights on all of them.

Insight...

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Akc47 - IMO the Ameriglo CAP sights that Langdon offers through his website, I don't think they're available anywhere else. If you go this route, I recommend you send him the slide and let him do the installation as well. I have three full-size PX4s and have those sights on all of them.
    This ^^^

Make sure you check and get the one that is made for the Compact. The Compact does not take the same sights as the full size, 45 and SubCompact.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 07-12-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks guys. According to his web sight he is not currently doing installs. Can any competent gunsmith do it?

competent?

Quote Originally Posted by Akc47 View Post
    Thanks guys. According to his web sight he is not currently doing installs. Can any competent gunsmith do it?
    If your gunsmith is competent, has experience with Berettas and has the correct sight pusher, then yes.

It would be important for you to clarify with that gunsmith that sights on a Beretta have to go out to the shooter's left (port side) and back in from the left because of the tapered dovetail. If he removes the safety levers in order to get the slide in a vice you must be sure he does not crush the right safety lever blade slot.

What are the best night sights that will fit the gun?
    I often share this Sherman A. House article quoting Tom Givens for folks that may be chasing something they may not need

https://civiliandefender.com/2016/04...vens-glock-35/

The key quote

...in the 60 plus defensive shootings his students have been involved in, the lighting (or lack of lighting) was a factor in the outcome in exactly ZERO cases.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I often share this Sherman A. House article quoting Tom Givens for folks that may be chasing something they may not need

https://civiliandefender.com/2016/04...vens-glock-35/

The key quote
    The reason so many of us like those sights is because of the huge orange/red blob on the front. It just happens to have a tritium insert. Also, an issue with the stock sights (per Langdon) is that they're designed to hit POA by lining up the dots; if you use a traditional sight picture where you want the bullet to impact on top of the front sight when the front and rear are level, it hits low.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    [MENTION=19887] If you go this route, I recommend you send him the slide and let him do the installation as well.
    According to his web sight he is not currently doing installs.
    jetfire/caleb and his PX4 with the MGW sight pusher

User Tag List