Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm full size .40 Middle child or Workhorse?

Bass Pro/Cabela's had PX4 in 40 cal on clearance for $149.97. Checked my local store and sold out. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bere...mi-auto-pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Akc47 View Post
    beenalongtime,
    Sportsman's Supply has several NIB PX4 45's for sale on Gunbroker right now. FYI
    Thanks, but found my policeman's trade in for $275.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    Bass Pro/Cabela's had PX4 in 40 cal on clearance for $149.97. Checked my local store and sold out. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bere...mi-auto-pistol
    That's a great deal for any quality semi-auto pistol, especially right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    That's a great deal for any quality semi-auto pistol, especially right now.
    I thought I scored a good deal for $199 w no mags. $150 for any modern quality piece, in functioning condition, in any caliber, is a smoking deal!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The reason so many of us like those sights is because of the huge orange/red blob on the front. It just happens to have a tritium insert. Also, an issue with the stock sights (per Langdon) is that they're designed to hit POA by lining up the dots; if you use a traditional sight picture where you want the bullet to impact on top of the front sight when the front and rear are level, it hits low.
    i

Rev, I agree on the orange dot. 👍. Does your other comment mean that the orange dot sights use a traditional sight picture where the top of the orange dot needs to be on the center of target?

Storm, thanks for the pointers on a gunsmith. That concerns me because a lot of people will tell you they can do something because they are sure they can figure it out. Do you think LT will start installing them again when the world becomes normal again?

To be in good hands

Storm, thanks for the pointers on a gunsmith. That concerns me because a lot of people will tell you they can do something because they are sure they can figure it out. Do you think LT will start installing them again when the world becomes normal again?
    I agree. I have seen gunsmiths that do exactly as you described. I have seen a few PX4s that people have brought back with the sides of the sights marred badly.

You could also go to Beretta USA's website and look for locations of authorized dealers/gunsmiths.

As to future plans at LTT... the only one that could correctly answer that is @LangdonTactical
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 07-13-2020 at 07:18 PM.

$150 for a 40 px4, dang!!!

Site Supporter
    Rev, I agree on the orange dot. 👍. Does your other comment mean that the orange dot sights use a traditional sight picture where the top of the orange dot needs to be on the center of target?
    That's how it works for me with 115- and 124-grain ammo, 147-grainers hit a mite higher.

@PX4 Storm Tracker

I have seen the .40 compact extractor listed as compact/full size, as well as seeing a full size part number. Wondering if you have ever compared the two?

6 of 1, half dozen of the other...

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    @PX4 Storm Tracker

I have seen the .40 compact extractor listed as compact/full size, as well as seeing a full size part number. Wondering if you have ever compared the two?
    Yes, I have researched that and have done close up photo examination comparisons. The .40 Compact and the .40 full size use the same extractor.

I have found many occasions where a part has two different part numbers and different listings, but is the exact same part.

User Tag List