Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI and DOJ news you may have missed

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Maybe you are, but there an awful lot of posts not making a distinction.
    Where and what post numbers?

I think you would agree that I’ve been very strict at holding Trump and his acolytes’ collective feet to the fire for their endless screw-ups. However, not even I would say that conservatives, which I consider myself among, are bashing the FBI. Although Trump himself goes too far in his description of the FBI being “in tatters” I would be very careful with your generalizations. Most of us conservatives want a thorough vetting of the FBI leadership’s decision making in the handling of the Trump Russia probe (including aggressive prosecution of Trump and his associates who might have broken laws), Clinton email scandal, and pay for play at the Clinton Foundation. We have very few problems with the FBI’s performance on a field office level.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-09-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I haven't read enough of your posts to see where you stand in all this, but man, it's hard to argue with somebody thats got a googley-eyed dachshund with its ears flipped back. #unfair .
    1. Ah, where I stand, ok. Trusting anyone outside family, nope nope nope. But the rage storm about the FBI from the right is very suspicous in its timing. Inversely the sudden reverence for them by the left is likewise interesting. Its almost like there's Team A and Team B and nothing, literally nothing matters except for that. Color me skeptical.

2. The top one was TBone. Crotchetiest dog ever born. If you crossed him he would instantly bite your foot in outrage. As he had three teeth it was cute as heck. He was a rescue who had seizures from abuse but that didn't stop him. Going deaf and blind didn't stop him. He fought off pancreatic cancer for two years and was as fragile as a kitten but still tough. The one on the bottom is also a rescue. He's the daughter's dog and when he was younger was a real snake getter. He once caught a rattler we all surprised when walking that went right at Tbone and her, he did a run by and took it out (and of course ate it right there). He's infamous for literally driving a buzzard off of some roadkill....

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Where and what post numbers?

I think you would agree that I’ve been very strict at holding Trump and his acolytes’ collective feet to the fire for their endless screw-ups. However, not even I would say that conservatives, which I consider myself among, are bashing the FBI. Although Trump himself goes too far in his description of the FBI being “in tatters” I would be very careful with your generalizations. Most of us conservatives want a thorough vetting of the FBI leadership’s decision making in the handling of the Trump Russia probe (including aggressive prosecution of Trump and his associates who might have broken laws), Clinton email scandal, and pay for play at the Clinton Foundation. We have very few problems with the FBI’s performance on a field office level.
    not here so much, but the general hysteria about it. Go on Townhall or such. wow.

The talking point that conservatives are only interested in this for its distraction value with Mueller probe doesnt hold water in my opinion. This goes back to Hillary getting a sweet deal on having classified emails on her private server. Any other “regular” Joe is headed to Court over what she did.

Once the IG report comes out we will know more but I believe the small group theory will hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    The talking point that conservatives are only interested in this for its distraction value with Mueller probe doesnt hold water in my opinion. This goes back to Hillary getting a sweet deal on having classified emails on her private server. Any other “regular” Joe is headed to Court over what she did.

Once the IG report comes out we will know more but I believe the small group theory will hold up.

I wonder what, if any, classified info Kushner, Porter and any other White House staff who have not received their clearances have been privy to?

Just curious. Not offered as an argument to counter your points.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

not here so much, but the general hysteria about it. Go on Townhall or such. wow.
    I’ve been to Townhall, Redstate, Hotair and most of the other conservative websites - daily. I avoid Breitbart and Drudge.

Aside from the occasional Trump apologist like Ingram or Coulter (who are nationalists, not conservatives), I’m not seeing anything that approaches FBI bashing on TownHall. Most of the conservative websites that I listed range from being rabidly anti-Trump (RedState) to barely pro-Trump (TownHall) in their commentary. Hotair, and specifically Allahpundit’s work, is probably some of the best conservative commentary on the internet that doesn’t kiss Trump’s ass.
    https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...-worse-kellys/
    https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...innocent-know/

My suggestion: be careful with your generalizations. Otherwise you start to become that which you hate...
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-09-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

1. Ah, where I stand, ok. Trusting anyone outside family, nope nope nope. But the rage storm about the FBI from the right is very suspicous in its timing. Inversely the sudden reverence for them by the left is likewise interesting. Its almost like there's Team A and Team B and nothing, literally nothing matters except for that. Color me skeptical.
    I don't think it's that suspicious that some/many conservatives are sceptical. I've had complete distrust in both the DoJ and FBI upper echelon since the Clinton investigation. There's quite a bit of there there to be sceptical about. Rosenstein has added another layer of scepticism for me.

There was an IBD/TIPP poll/ (couldn't find the actual date) indicating 44% of Dems polled thought it a good idea to appoint special counsel to investigate the FBI/DoJ for improperly surveilling Trump. Doesn't seem like a team division in THAT regard, but polls are polls, dependent upon the questions asked and the sample involved. There is a definitely political/ideological division both in office and in the populace that's wider than I remember it ever being. I think it will continue to widen. We appear to be in uncharted territory there.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’ve been to Townhall, Redstate, Hotair and most of the other conservative websites - daily. I avoid Breitbart and Drudge.

Aside from the occasional Trump apologist like Ingram or Coulter (who are nationalists, not conservatives), I’m not seeing anything that approaches FBI bashing on TownHall. Most of the conservative websites that I listed range from being rabidly anti-Trump (RedState) to barely pro-Trump (TownHall) in their commentary. Hotair, and specifically Allahpundit’s work, is probably some of the best conservative commentary on the internet that doesn’t kiss Trump’s ass.
    https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...-worse-kellys/
    https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...innocent-know/

My suggestion: be careful with your generalizations. Otherwise you start to become that which you hate...
    Read the commentary on those websites. Its...interesting.

Inversely the ssudden defense of the FBI by Congressional Democrats, CNN, etc. also fit exactly with the Team A / Team B concept.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    I don't think it's that suspicious that some/many conservatives are sceptical. I've had complete distrust in both the DoJ and FBI upper echelon since the Clinton investigation. There's quite a bit of there there to be sceptical about. Rosenstein has added another layer of scepticism for me.

There was an IBD/TIPP poll/ (couldn't find the actual date) indicating 44% of Dems polled thought it a good idea to appoint special counsel to investigate the FBI/DoJ for improperly surveilling Trump. Doesn't seem like a team division in THAT regard, but polls are polls, dependent upon the questions asked and the sample involved. There is a definitely political/ideological division both in office and in the populace that's wider than I remember it ever being. I think it will continue to widen. We appear to be in uncharted territory there.
    Its very charted IIRC, if one compared to the average Latin American Banana Republic.

Its very charted IIRC, if one compared to the average Latin American Banana Republic.
    Perhaps so. I don't recall us being a Banana Republic in the past... please allow me to rephrase -- uncharted direct experience for the USA.

ETA: Well, I guess we were such divided in the late 1850's - early 1860's
    Last edited by critter; 02-09-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List