Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI and DOJ news you may have missed

FBI and DOJ news you may have missed

David Laufman -DOJ National Security Division Deputy Asst Attorney General in charge of counter intelligence resigned “effective immediately” yesterday.
    Also, yesterday FBI Asst. Director Michael Kortan head of the FBI Public Affairs Office announced his retirement.

Nothing that unusual there except for the effective immediately part, that doesn’t look particularly good. The Kortan guy does have 30 years in so no big shock there.

There is one thing though. Kaufman’s job would have had him in the thick of any FISA business and Kortan is brought up in the Strozk/Page texts several times and he’s reported to be a big James Comey guy.

So the tally so far of people involved in this episode who have left, been asked to leave or have been demoted include these two plus,
    Asst. FBI Director Andrew McCabe
    FBI Chief Legal Counsel James Baker
    FBI Attorney Lisa Page
    FBI Agent Peter Strzok
    FBI Special Agent, Chief of Staff, James Rybicki

I guess you could put James Comey on that list as well and I very well may have missed a few, it’s getting hard to keep up.

I’ll just also add this bit, make of it what you will, but I’ve read where the IG report may be coming in March. Anyway, I guess none of this is as important to the mainstream media as who Hope Hicks is dating but hey, gotta keep those priorities straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eastex; 02-09-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Oops forgot Bruce Ohr DOJ Associate Attorney General, see, it’s hard to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    Oops forgot Bruce Ohr DOJ Associate Attorney General, see, it’s hard to keep up
    Dang, he resigned too?
    #RESIST

I believe he was demoted.

It's so weird to see conservatives bashing the FBI and liberals now defending them.

Almost as weird as assuming scrutiny and skepticism over a small groups questionable actions is the same thing as bashing a entire agency.

I will add that sometimes folks retire or depart an agency because of dissatisfaction with the way it is being run. So, absent evidence of malfeasance, I'd not be too quick to jump to any particular conclusion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I wasn't paying attention during President Obama's years in office, but were there a lot of DOJ retirement/resignations when the focus seemed to switch from investigating criminals to investigating other law enforcement agencies?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    Almost as weird as assuming scrutiny and skepticism over a small groups questionable actions is the same thing as bashing a entire agency.

Maybe you are, but there an awful lot of posts not making a distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Maybe you are, but there an awful lot of posts not making a distinction.
    I haven't read enough of your posts to see where you stand in all this, but man, it's hard to argue with somebody thats got a googley-eyed dachshund with its ears flipped back. #unfair .
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List