Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When It Comes To Spending, Rand Paul Is a RINO

When It Comes To Spending, Rand Paul Is a RINO

No, I am not attacking Paul. Quite the contrary, I am complimenting him. It seems that today’s Republican Party is not nearly concerned with spending and deficits as it was just 2 years ago. Gee, I wonder why...

As the Senate Republicans struggles to pass a 2-year spending plan that will balloon our deficits to peak-Obama levels, a single Republican has taken a stand against the bullshit. That Republican is not Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, or Ben Sasse. Nope, it is Rand-fucking-Paul. Bad Jheri curl and all, the guy is the only Republican in the Senate with the balls to call bullshit on what this party has become.

I suppose that Rand needs to decide if he is going to remain a Republican out of political expediency now that the party has divorced itself from all of its fiscally conservative principles. If so, I suspect that he will need to get comfortable literally being a Republican-In-Name-Only as I do not see the party ever going back to conservative principles.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-09-2018 at 01:28 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Twitter:

Sen. Rand Paul on the new senate spending bill: "If you were against President Obama's deficits, and now you're for the Republican deficits, isn't that the very definition of hypocrisy?"
    I like that he isn't afraid to point out some of hilarious double standards but he did vote for the tax "cuts" so he should have seen this coming. This may just be him reminding people he isn't part of the club. Here's a good write up regrading Paul's present actions.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 02-09-2018 at 03:39 AM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

When It Comes To Spending, Rand Paul Is a RINO

He’s far enough in the club to get shot at while playing softball and assaulted by his neighbor. The “love trumps hate” crowd sure does have a funny way of expressing their disagreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eastex; 02-09-2018 at 08:17 AM.

He just likes to vote "no" on everything. That way he never has to take responsibility for anything that passes, while claiming to be "anti-establishment."
    Last edited by Guerrero; 02-09-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Bad hair and neighbor issues aside, he's one of the few that makes any sense at least part of the time.

I think Mo Brooks of AL also stated that he would not support the bill for fiscal reasons.
    Last edited by blues; 02-09-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    He just likes to vote "no" on everything. That way he never has to take responsibility for anything that passes, while claiming to be "anti-establishment."
    He voted for the tax cut and each of the watered down ACA repeals. He also supported McConnell in a heated primary against a Tea Party Conservative.

That tax cut vote was a bit problematic for Rand in the sense that it increased the deficit. He (and I) would have preferred an immediate cut in the corporate rate and a phased-in personal rate cut that was tied to cuts in spending.

Regardless, the fact that entitlement reform is off the Republican platform is the ultimate betrayal. We hit an inflection point in terms of our fiscal discipline at around the 2012 election. That was our last best chance to right this ship. The re-election of Obama made it exponentially harder to recover, and Trump’s infatuation with debt has sealed the deal. In about 15 years the service on our debt will dominate our budget and we will not be able to fund the 2 other largest items (SS/Medicare and defense). At that time all the options will suck a giant donkey dick (think Greece but with 400,000 million guns). The math is simple but unavoidable.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-09-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Rand's father Ron Paul was the ultimate Dr. No and an awesome conservative. Rand is a little less conservative than his father but still gets my approval for moral and fiscal priorities. I'm pro Paul. I agree that he is not in step with his party and that is a good thing.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Rand's father Ron Paul was the ultimate Dr. No and an awesome conservative. Rand is a little less conservative than his father but still gets my approval for moral and fiscal priorities. I'm pro Paul. I agree that he is not in step with his party and that is a good thing.
    Definitely a good thing.

During the primaries, I took one of those online "Who do you match up with?" tests (for what they're worth, probably little). I was dead center on the LR graph and well into Libertarian (nothing trumps individual liberty with the tiniest government and fewest rules/regulations feasibly possible). Rand was the highest match at over 70%. I probably would have matched even higher with Ron.

Obviously, with tax cuts must come the necessary bureaucratic/employee cuts, spending cuts, program cuts (supported by both Paul's). We have the former, with an apparent increase in spending. Yeah, that's gonna work out well. I agree with Sensei that there probably should have been more of a phasing down with individual taxes. Government spending is still at ridiculous levels.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    He’s far enough in the club to get shot at while playing softball and assaulted by his neighbor. The “love trumps hate” crowd sure does have a funny way of expressing their disagreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don’t hate on the man because he’s got naturally curly hair! Happens to the best of us (before mine fell out).

If he’s pissing off that bellowing walrus Bette Midler, he’s living life right.

civiliandefender.com

It's like Rand Paul said, (and anyone with a pair of eyes and ears can tell you), whichever party was the one that ranted and raved about fiscal irresponsibility, spending and debt while they were out of power, completely forgets their prior admonitions and lip service to fiscal responsibility once they get their hands on the reins.

The only difference between these two sides is skin deep. Yeah, certain folks like us that have skin in the game on a particular issue might choose one over the other...otherwise, with very few exceptions, they are all slimy creatures of the same ilk.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List