Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownells to make Glock 17 length slide for Gen3 Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    Commander style guns have always more popular than CCO guns.
    Commander style guns are/were easier to find and cheaper to boot.
    Last edited by Drang; 02-09-2018 at 05:21 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Glad to see a company so awash in cash it can afford to waste money.

It may be easier to carry concealed while standing but how is the balance and perceived felt recoil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I would be more concerned about fit/finish/reliability of the Brownell's slide w/ OEM parts. I have seen LW slides that were egregiously out of spec; I have no reason to think that Brownell's will be bad per se, but aftermarket slides always make me skittish for that reason. I am sure there are plenty of folks who put together a good aftermarket slide, I just don't see the point in gambling.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I would be more concerned about fit/finish/reliability of the Brownell's slide w/ OEM parts. I have seen LW slides that were egregiously out of spec; I have no reason to think that Brownell's will be bad per se, but aftermarket slides always make me skittish for that reason. I am sure there are plenty of folks who put together a good aftermarket slide, I just don't see the point in gambling.
    Basically my concern. I have a healthy dose of skepticism towards most aftermarket slides for most guns.

But it looks cool and I've been eyeing a slide to top my gen 3 G34 as a spare gun if I wanna play in carry optics.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

lots of people have been happily cutting down g17 frames to g19 length. the problem is that the frame doesn't feel like a g19 at this point. I had cut down a g17 years ago, and recently adopted the lone wolf system so I could pair a G19 frame to a G17 slide. it took a barrel and an adapter piece to cover the bit of exposed slide under the recoil spring. I bet lots of people will buy them to pair with their P80 frames too. That's where a huge amount of used frames are coming from, P80 conversions

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Glad to see a company so awash in cash it can afford to waste money.

It may be easier to carry concealed while standing but how is the balance and perceived felt recoil?

Just dandy

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Just dandy
    Compared to a 19 how it is different?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Compared to a 19 how it is different?

I have only shot the g19L a few times. Enough to know I like them. They handle the same, just a longer sight radius.

The the m9a1 compact with the vertec slide I posted above is a phenomenal shooter. I can put night sights on it and the longer sight radius helps with precision shots at longer ranges for me.

The shorter grip aids in concealment, I do notice a difference wearing some t shirts. The longer slide doesn't impact anything negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Also, Gunbroker is awash in Glock 19 frames right now.
    On a whim I just bought a complete RTF2 frame. No idea what I’ll do with it. But I bought it. Maybe a 19L or a Roland in my future.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'd be interested in a factory gen 5 offering. I have zero interest in an aftermarket offering for a gen 3.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List