Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My HK Customer Service Experience

Site Supporter

My HK Customer Service Experience

Today my new P30 came home from the shop in Columbus, GA after a trip to diagnose the problem with the gun that I wrote about here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....er-Reset-Issue

I am posting this thread here in the Semi-Auto pistol section so those that recently posted about problems, know that HK is a quick phone call away. I did not wait on hold at any time during this process.

The guys at HK were very apologetic after the gun made one trip back to Columbus, and was shipped back to me without fixing the problem. After speaking with them on the phone, and emailing them a video of the problem, they emailed me a FedEx label for another trip back to HK Georgia.

The gun came back today with a flash drive of the test fire session, and a detailed write up of the problem. It said:

“Inspected firearm. Found hammer not going into SA mode randomly. Replaced sear and cocking piece which did not resolve issue. Found trigger bar detent spring slightly weak and small bur on trigger bar. Replaced detent spring and trigger bar. Tested over 50 times with no issues. Function check OK. Test fire OK.”

Tommy at HK was a pleasure to work with, and they stood behind their product and made it right. HK has proven again that they don’t really hate us.

HK CS has been nothing but great for me personally and professionally. I'm glad to hear that they made things right, even if they did drop the ball initially.

I agree. Jesse & Link are great to work with. Very professional top notch customer service. Jesse replaced my rollers on my MP5 and turn around time was same day as received. Also, great work on my P7M13. Love HK CS

Vending Machine Operator
    That's some good service. I can't stand it when a description says "problem fixed" with nothing else. It's shady, like hospital billing. Actually walking through what they did to fix the problem is great.

Those lower-priced P30s are looking damn fine.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

This is a great story. Thanks for sharing. I’ve also had some great experiences with their CS. Contrary to the old internet rumor that they hate us. LOL!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    I agree. Jesse & Link are great to work with. Very professional top notch customer service. Jesse replaced my rollers on my MP5 and turn around time was same day as received. Also, great work on my P7M13. Love HK CS
    I didn’t think they would still work on the P7 line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    This is a great story. Thanks for sharing. I’ve also had some great experiences with their CS. Contrary to the old internet rumor that they hate us. LOL!
    Years ago it wasn’t a rumor. HK has completely turned around both their customer service and their attitude towards the U.S. commercial market in the last 15 years, particular since their move to Columbus.

I had an almost identical experience with them. I had to send back a brand new p30L that had a burr on the locking lug that caused it to grind on the recoil guide rod. The low level inspectors/part swappers sent it back to me unchanged and unfixed with the typical "barrel in spec" language on the work order sheet. I called them annoyed and frustrated and got transferred to an actual armorer who was very apologetic and professional, got the same fedex label and had a new barrel and a free magazine for my trouble within 3 days. So, if you get the right guy to look at your issue with a critical eye, things go well and quickly. If you're just another warranty request in the pile, you get low level, untrained, and un-attentive service.....Pretty typical overall, but at least they make it right eventually.

My suspicion is that the previous days of shoddy service are over now that HK is in a new, state of the art production facility

EDT: Just noticed HCM’s post saying the same thing.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-08-2018 at 01:06 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Good stuff. This is like about a dozen or so similar anecdotes in the past few years. Makes me want to jump back into the HK world.

User Tag List