Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need to go off grid for a funeral

Thank you for all of the condolences. I truly appreciate it! I am currently waiting for my brothers to finish sifting through his file cabinet to find his wishes that he supposedly left behind, before we make any final decisions. It's been pretty tough as the more we find out about how he died the more senseless it seems(doesn't always though). I guess dad had a fall about 2 weeks ago and was in quite a bit of pain. Being how he was, he took himself to the closest hospital and they told him he was ok and sent him home. 2 or 3 days later, he took another spill and once again gathered himself up and went in to the same hospital. They gave him a quick once over, a couple of cortisone shots and sent him on his way again. He stayed at home and got to the point pain-wise that he asked a cousin that lives close by to come by and walk his dogs. My cousin tried talking him to going to a different hospital and get checked out, but he initially refused saying that they told him he was fine. After a few more days of this, he relented and went to a different hospital and they realized right away that he had a broken hip. It all went south from there. All the while, he never mentioned any of this to us and talked with my brother once and said he was fine and all was good. Kind of how he rolled. I am sure he figured everything was going to go ok and call us a week later to tell us he had a pin put in his hip. Also knowing him, he would have told me the Doctor was incompetent and he had to walk the doc through the surgery while under a local anesthetic, lol.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Good morning everyone. I am sitting here drinking my coffee, going through emails and checking places like P-F. This will be my first morning back in the shop working full time since dad passed. I see the holster elves did not show up, so I will be getting organized today and working on leather 7 days a week for a while. Thanks for everyone's patience and thoughts.

As expected, Dad's stuff was and is a mild nightmare to deal with. It appears in the last few years be became something of a hoarder. Mostly just buying shit he felt were good deals, then stacking it in his place. Right now everything is going into storage until the probate stuff is all done. Of course there were no signs of any of his arrangements he had made for when the day came, so we are pretty much just guessing our way through all of this.

I will start getting emails out to folks soon with updates and tracking #'s. Please don't hesitate to touch bases with me, as I am still getting things back on track and don't want to forget anything. Thanks, Jim
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    ...so I will be getting organized today and working on leather 7 days a week for a while.
    No way, Jim. Life happens, don't punish yourself for it.

Take care of yourself, first. I can't imagine anyone taking issue with the delay. If you have someone giving you grief, please put their stuff ahead of mine.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Take care of yourself, first. I can't imagine anyone taking issue with the delay. If you have someone giving you grief, please put their stuff ahead of mine.
    Thanks man,I really appreciate the sentiment. Tough being the head cook and chief bottle washer sometimes
    Last edited by JRCHolsters; 02-26-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

1000^^^^^
    Just imagine if more people could/would approach life like that.
    I'm not even going to put my order in for a month, but you will be getting it.

Site Supporter
    It's all about communication.
    There have been stories about holster makers (and other industry outfits) that have struggled to keep up with demand. Sometimes it's because "life happens" or "success happens" and lead times get long. As long as you are communicating honestly about it, and fulfilling the updated promises reasonably well, most customers will understand. If I post here and ask about your wait times, and someone comes along and says "JRC sent me an email a month ago that my order would be delayed until XXXXX and I just received shipping notice, all is well. But if the reply comes back "I haven't heard from them in 3 months and my original ship date was 2 months ago",.... well, you get it...

Sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences.

+1 for catching up without killing yourself. Part of what makes hand-made goods great is the passion of the maker. The love of the craft. Beating yourself to keep schedule inevitably leads to a degradation in passion and thus quality. Don't do it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sorry to hear about your loss.

As excited as I am for my holster to arrive don’t over do it. Take care of yourself and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never forget that you need to take care of the caregiver.

That's you.

Just wanted to touch bases with everyone. I am thinking that I should be caught up with my backlog between the end of the month and the first two weeks in June. If I am behind on your items, they should be done by then. From there it should just be my normal schedule. I want to both thank everyone for their patience and also apologize if I haven't contacted you personally. I have forgotten no one, that is to be sure.

Most everyone has been great with my unexpected situation, for that I am thankful.

Maybe I will have more time to spend on the forum in the near future.

Thanks,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Just wanted to touch bases with everyone. I am thinking that I should be caught up with my backlog between the end of the month and the first two weeks in June. If I am behind on your items, they should be done by then. From there it should just be my normal schedule. I want to both thank everyone for their patience and also apologize if I haven't contacted you personally. I have forgotten no one, that is to be sure.

Most everyone has been great with my unexpected situation, for that I am thankful.

Maybe I will have more time to spend on the forum in the near future.

Thanks,
    Jim
    I’m sorry for your loss. I did want to mention that before reading this chain I never heard of your company, but you obviously care about your family and customers. Based on that, I checked out your sight and will definitely keep you in mind during my next holster purchase. I’ll be in the market for a OWB range holster for a M9A3 in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List