Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to go off grid for a funeral

Need to go off grid for a funeral

Hey everyone, since most of you are the good folks that keep me in business, I figured I should make a quick post.
    My Father passed away last night. It was very unexpected and we didn't even know there was an issue until he was almost gone. I guess he didn't want us to worry.
    I guess he took a bad fall and hurt his leg. After several trips to the emergency room, being sent home each time telling him it was just bruising and swelling, he tried a different hospital. Turns out he broke his hip and had been walking on it and driving for several days like this. He was a tough bastard who had a HIGH threshold for pain. They put him into surgery to repair his hip and then things went south. His blood pressure kept dropping off and they had to do a second exploratory surgery. Turns out some of his intestines had been twisted, become necrotic and ruptured. They kept him under sedation and he never woke up. We weren't notified until he was almost gone, which I guess were his wishes.

I just got back from SHOT and am of course fighting the flu. I figured I would be home for sure and have chatted with several of you about timelines, which needless to say, I will have to push back a little. At the moment my brothers, who lived closer, are trying to figure out how to proceed. He told us he had made arrangements for this day, but in his typical fashion didn't bother telling anyone what they were. At this point, I will be heading to Florida sometime in the next few days, though I am not exactly sure when. I may be gone anywhere from a few days to a little over a week to help figure out the mess.

If I don't respond to emails, please know I am not ignoring anyone. If you see someone crying on the net that I am not answering them, please chime in. I will let everyone know when I am back in the shop. Thanks for all of your support. I truly appreciate everyone from the forum.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Deepest condolences on your loss, Jim.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm sorry for your loss Jim.

Site Supporter

All of us are diminished when a man like that passes.

But, Jim, you come from good stock.

Site Supporter
    Nothing is worse than the unexpected loss of a loved one.

I'm sorry for your loss

I'm sorry for your loss.

Site Supporter
    I'm sorry for your loss Jim.

Jim, I’m so sorry for your and your family’s loss. Mt 5:4: take heart and be comforted.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Damn. My heart goes out to you and your family.

User Tag List