Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Page-Strozk Texts

The notion of public employees soliciting payments after leaving office scares me. I recognize their 1A right to free speech, and I’m not calling for a ban or new laws. However, the potential for abuse seems intuitively obvious, and I can foresee politicians and judges using the knowledge that they will be “taken care of” in return for unjust decisions or unethical behavior for a cause.

I sincerely hope that money is exhausted by legal defense fees if there is a criminal referral in the next IG report.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    $200K raised so far on his GoFundMe as reported this morning.
    Hopefully that is $200K that otherwise would have been donated to the DNC war chest.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The notion of public employees soliciting payments after leaving office scares me. I recognize their 1A right to free speech, and I’m not calling for a ban or new laws. However, the potential for abuse seems intuitively obvious, and I can foresee politicians and judges using the knowledge that they will be “taken care of” in return for unjust decisions or unethical behavior for a cause.

I sincerely hope that money is exhausted by legal defense fees if there is a criminal referral in the next IG report.

Or bad acts committed with the tacit understanding of a looming presidential pardon if the worst comes to pass.

There are innumerable paths to corruption if one is open to it. Laws and regulations only go so far in combating mens rea.

(Having worked a few years in the internal security division of a gov't agency I am pretty familiar with many of them.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Or bad acts committed with the tacit understanding of a looming presidential pardon if the worst comes to pass.

There are innumerable paths to corruption if one is open to it. Laws and regulations only go so far in combating mens rea.

(Having worked a few years in the internal security division of a gov't agency I am pretty familiar with many of them.)

It's up to $315K now. Not surprising to me based on watching 5 of his 10 hours of the Soviet show trial in front of Goodlatte's committee.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

So much OMG, tots cray cray, LOL.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List