Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Page-Strozk Texts

Page-Strozk Texts

I’m going to try and stay non partisan on this if possible. I know the date of this text may make that hard to do but I remember reading some of their earlier ones where the same language was used. Is it too much to ask that the Counterintelligence Chief of the FBI not text his girlfriend like some teenage kid? I’m sure if someone went through the texts my wife and I exchange they would have a little fun with some of the things we say but she’s not a Justice Department attorney and I’m not a Chief of the FBI!
    I always thought / expected people in those level of jobs to be seriously vetted and on point but I guess I was wrong. I hope he’s a exception but there’s still a problem with him getting that far through the system if he is. My 20 year old daughter has already moved on from the “OMG” phase of her life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eastex; 02-07-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Lol. It's texting. Like, OMG, can you even imagine? Frrlz.

Eastex, you put them on the classic G-man pedestal.

They are just people. They run the gamut of noble to narcissist.

OMG, I am so out of touch. Seems like the only texts I get are from my neighbor when he wants me to come over and shoot on the range he built behind his home.

I don't really care about Strzok, his love life or his political opinions if they don't effect his work, but I do take exception to an LEO expressing himself in such an effete manner. It reflects poorly on our self image.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Then there’s the shear volume of texts they’ve been sending back and forth. I don’t have enough time in the day to send that many and I’m just a dude with a regular job.
    Also, counterintelligence, wouldn’t that make him a prime target for spying / blackmail and he’s carrying on like this??? Maybe I am putting people in these jobs on pedestals or maybe I’m just expecting them live up to the standards I expect from all grown ups.

You're just not in love, Eastex. [emoji6]

Fair point on information security.

My texts are about 3000 times more mature than high ranking FBI personnel, and I'm a millennial. Interdasting.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I guess I just don't think it's a big deal that high ranking government officials use text message slang like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I guess I just don't think it's a big deal that high ranking government officials use text message slang like everyone else.
    I agree.

But: very early in my career, my dad gave me some advice.

He said, “Write everything as if what you put down will be printed in the Washington Post.” (We lived in Fairfax County and my dad worked downtown in DC).

This approach served me very well over the years.

That’s good advise for anyone really. I’m going to try to say this without getting into this current case but this guys job might require him to investigate political figures. Having his political thoughts out there and accessible like this would have to possibly damage his testimony in a court case wouldn’t it?

User Tag List