Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How many walls does your trigger have?

This morning, I picked up a new generation five Glock 34. The trigger has five noticeable walls, but it’s darn usable because it is easy to prep about halfway through all the various walls.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My PPS Classic has 3 walls but walls but the 2nd is barely perceivable to me.

My S&W 642-1 with Apex Carry/Duty kit has 3 very definitive walls. Its one great trigger in my opinion.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

HK P2000sk LEM: mine has three perceivable changes in trigger weight, but only one that is practically significant.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This morning, I picked up a new generation five Glock 34. The trigger has five noticeable walls, but it’s darn usable because it is easy to prep about halfway through all the various walls.
    Any observation across your guns whether round counts seem to smooth out/reduce walls? I ask because I just tried my newest, a Gen 4 G19 with just a few hundred rounds vs 10K plus on some of the others and I counted 5 walls on this newer gun. Also a minus connector. The gun shoots lights out. But I can feel the walls more pronounced and more of them.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I can only perceive 3 on my glock 19.4 (minus w/ apex), 43 w/ apex shoe, 19.5 stock, and 19x stock. What I did notice was the 19x was very close to having 2 that I could pick up. It felt smoother from the 1st to the final wall. The others were all pretty much the same. This is where I could really tell the difference with the 320 trigger, I could only perceive 2 and the shorter take up I think added to that. It is a pretty smooth trigger.

I would like to see a video from those who can feel 4 or 5. I would assume it would be almost impossible to pick up the feel on the video but would be curious to see if it can be shown. I will try and be more aware of this on my next range trip but I don't see how in the world I will be able to pick this up while shooting at speed but will give it a go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are you sure — just checked my Brig Tac and CenTac with Wilson part and trigger jobs, and both have two walls in SA. Subtle second wall but there.
    Checked again and yes. It's a old, well used 92F with a ? spring, and it just breaks. My 92 Brig has a wall plus drag, so call it two in SA. Didn't try the others.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Checked again and yes. It's a old, well used 92F with a ? spring, and it just breaks. My 92 Brig has a wall plus drag, so call it two in SA. Didn't try the others.

Bet many of these “walls” are just part roughness that improves with use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Out of the box, my PPQ had too many walls to count. Calling the trigger pull "rough" was an understatement. But buffing the rough spots on the trigger bar and using copper-based anti-seize grease on bearing surfaces smoothed it up quite nicely.

So now the initial take-up to the very discernable sear engagement wall I would call "uneven" but not enough to cause a stop of the pull (a wall). If I apply a very slow squeeze to the trigger at the wall I sometimes get a subtle second wall from the sear not fully releasing, but not all the time. I have learned to squeeze just a tiny bit more deliberately from the wall to get a consistently clean break.

FWIW, I shoot the PPQ exclusively with the trigger prepped to the wall.

This was a rather eye opening exercise. If someone would have asked, I'd have said the PPQ has two... the slight take up to one, where resistance begins and then two, right before the break. It actually has four. There is a slight change about 3/4 through the "resistance" phase, and there is another one between all the slack being taken up and the actual break. I doubt I'd have ever noticed these other two without deliberately looking for changes in the pull. Took me a LOT of dry fires to get the feel of it all - to eliminate the imagined ones and zero in on what really is there every single time.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

How many walls does your trigger have?

Well, as a Wall Counter, I’m a fail.

Out of curiosity, I finished Dry Practice today and spent 15 minutes trying to feel any walls on my G19.5 besides initial take up/dingus pressing/pad of finger compressing (all happens at the same time, which I count as “1”) and the actual wall before the trigger releases (“2”).

That’s it, unless I’m missing something. There is just nothing in terms of pressure change as the movement to “2” takes place. It’s pretty smooth.

One thing pertaining to my feel, I’m one of those people that didn’t have good feeling in my hands. I can be cut or scraped and dripping blood. My wife is like WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED?! but I’m oblivious. Anyway, as a way of becoming one with my trigger, it was a good exercise.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-10-2018 at 12:02 PM.

User Tag List