Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many walls does your trigger have?

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    If you're not even willing to try and figure out the question in the OP, why are you posting in a technical thread?
    I did, I counted one wall. It's the one before the big bangy noise. Duuuuuh
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I did, I counted one wall. It's the one before the big bangy noise. Duuuuuh
    What are you shooting? Even my $6,000 Cameron open guns have two walls.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    1911s, so just one.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    VP9. I've never paid attention to a trigger enough to realize there was more than one wall unless said trigger was really atrocious (like my stock AR-15 one used to be). That was more like ice skating in a quarry.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

How many walls does your trigger have?

I’m not experienced enough to feel this effect I guess, my G19.5 takes up, then the required pressure to trip the sear is felt, and the Striker releases. So, one I guess?

I also have a question. Being a numbers person, has there been any studies involving a measurement of Force over distance on a handgun trigger?

Seems to me you could plot F (Force in Newtons) over X (trigger travel, in mm say) and depict this effect graphically?

These “walls” would then show up graphically as local peaks in the F over X curve, right? I just think that would be cool. [emoji41]
    Last edited by RJ; 02-07-2018 at 09:42 AM.

I actually played around with this a bit during dryfire yesterday after reading this in your AAR. On my stock G19.4 I counted 3 walls. Thanks for sharing that insight from the class, I plan to play around taking up different amounts of slack during recoil/pressout depending on the type of shot.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I’m not experienced enough to feel this effect I guess, my G19.5 takes up, then the required pressure to trip the sear is felt, and the Striker releases. So, one I guess?

I also have a question. Being a numbers person, has there been any studies involving a measurement of Force over distance on a handgun trigger?

Seems to me you could plot F (Force in Newtons) over X (trigger travel, in mm say) and depict this effect graphically?

These “walls” would then show up graphically as local peaks in the F over X curve, right? I just think that would be cool. [emoji41]
    It would be easy to create a simple one by plotting the various weights indicated on a trigger gauge through the trigger's travel if the gauge was sensitive and responsive enough. To accurately describe the function would require some neat equipment.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

I’ve actually seen this measured and plotted by computers in published research for precision rifle triggers. Interesting indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ed Cameron makes nice guns!

If you would prefer not to think of it as “walls,” consider instead the amount of travel between where the initial wall is, and where the trigger finally breaks. In a Glock, the amount of travel between wall and break is nearly the amount of travel from touching the trigger to the wall. That is a lot of distance.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List