Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Falcon 9 Heavy

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I can't get over these two rockets landing simultaneously, side-by-side. How freaking cool is that?

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 4.35.00 PM.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  22.0 KB

I hope stuff like this inspires the next generation of engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I have a friend who works there now. It's definitely his life. No girl, no hobbies, rarely sees his family or friends. He does love it though.
    Unfortunately, I am most definitely too old for that shit. I did the 'no life' thing earning the degrees that make me eligible for the job....
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Name:  wthimc.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  60.7 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Name:  wthimc.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  60.7 KB
    It'll be pretty much disintegrated soon, anyway. There's a lot of carbon fiber in a Tesla. Organics don't do well in environments with a lot of radiation.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Originally Posted by Stephanie B
    I wonder of SpaceX offers a "value line" of launches, depending on how many times the boosters have been used.
    2018 prices are listed on their website. $62million for Falcon 9 and $90million for Falcon Heavy. Link HERE

Bummer, I don't see a "value line".

Attachment 23659
    Apparently, that is the "value line". If you need every last pound of force that the rocket can put out to get something heavy up there, so that none of the boosters can be recovered, that'll be another $60 million.

Even so, that's somewhere between a half and a fifth of the cost of a Delta IV Heavy, depending on which accountant is talking.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by justcor View Post
    Musk is the biggest snake oil salesmen of the 21st century period FULL STOP.

This comment has aged well. The truth tends to do that.

User Tag List