Thread: SIG ROMEO 4M (M-Spec)

SIG ROMEO 4M (M-Spec)

Specifically, regarding the M-spec model (and no other, for the sake of this discussion). Is this optic on par with the T/H 2 series from Aimpoint? Or did t he FBI get a bean-counter to make a decision, or is this the bone they are throwing SIG for the 320 situation, or is it legit as good (or better?)?

Is the M even still available?

I think the honest answer is nobody knows how these will perform over the long term as they haven’t been out long enough to develop an in use history. My experience is that I dropped a 4 on the floor when mounting it, and it cracked the lens, rendering it useless. Took Sig 4 months to replace it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    It's a Holosun product manufactured in China and assembled in CA to make it "Made in the USA" to squeak by Fed contract/purchasing requirements. Remember the immortal words of Pat Rogers: "Buy cheap, cry twice"
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

As a general rule, if the question is "is this product as good as Product X" you should just be buying Product X right from the get go.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is the M even still available?

I think the honest answer is nobody knows how these will perform over the long term as they haven’t been out long enough to develop an in use history. My experience is that I dropped a 4 on the floor when mounting it, and it cracked the lens, rendering it useless. Took Sig 4 months to replace it.
    No. SIG discontinued the 4M.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's a Holosun product manufactured in China and assembled in CA to make it "Made in the USA" to squeak by Fed contract/purchasing requirements. Remember the immortal words of Pat Rogers: "Buy cheap, cry twice"
    The bottom of the 4M’s are marked “designed in Oregon - Assembled in USA.” Between this, and the striking similarity between the Romeo 4M and the Holosun “Military” model I have no doubt you are correct.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The bottom of the 4M’s are marked “designed in Oregon - Assembled in USA.” Between this, and the striking similarity between the Romeo 4M and the Holosun “Military” model I have no doubt you are correct.
    I stand corrected on that one! Isn't OR just northern CA anyway?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I stand corrected on that one! Isn't OR just northern CA anyway?
    Unfortunately it’s going that way. My understanding is SIGs optics team are former Leupold employees, hence Oregon.

User Tag List