Thread: Battery storage

Battery storage

Name:  C99357B2-E709-4ED0-BBF1-4E93954A693C.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  75.6 KB
    I make it a point to have a few replacement batteries for all of my lights, optics, and shot timer. Up to this point, I keep them altogether in a ziplock baggy in a pocket of my range bag. I was looking for storage solutions and the Thyrm Cellvault XL could be a partial answer:Name:  7EC4B202-3DB5-481C-BF18-C95736DEE683.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  47.7 KB
    The Cellvault isn’t technically waterproof but I’m not diving with it so it’ll store batteries just fine for me. It looks like it’ll work great for AA/AAA, CR123, CR2, and smaller cells like 1/3N but I’m not certain it’s the answer for large coin-shaped batteries like the 2032 or the big rectangular 9v.

How are you storing your various batteries? Is the Thyrm Cellvault the best option?

I don't think I've seen an extensive test of various battery storage solutions. Maybe one of the EDC sites has one.

These work: Storacell

I have some of these... someplace...: AmazonSmile: 4 PC Tactical Battery Case AA AAA CR2 CR123 Batteries Box Container -TAN/BROWN. Work Okay, fairly rugged and secure.

I had some similar to this, but the latch broke: AmazonSmile: Yonger Pack of Battery Storage Hard Case Holder/Organizer Cell Box for AA / AAA.

I'm not sure what to do about button cells, other than keep them in the original packaging.

Most of the battery storage solutions out there work fine in the closet, but I wouldn't want to use them in my daily carry bag, let alone range bag, BOB, etc.
    Last edited by Drang; 02-05-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I have a Plano 3600 tackle box in my range bag. It has a few Allen wrenches , sighting tools, Torx bits, misc stuff like that. I also throw in a few spares of every battery type that I might need at the range. Works pretty well, and since its clear I can instantly see what I'm running low on.

What's wrong with the ziplock bag?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What's wrong with the ziplock bag?
    So there we were, getting ready to go to NTC, and we had all just gotten issued our MILES hear, and dropped the 9 volt batteries in our pockets.

A few minutes later no fewer than 4 members of the company had their pockets spontaneously combust...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I don't think I've seen an extensive test of various battery storage solutions. Maybe one of the EDC sites has one.

These work: Storacell

I have some of these... someplace...: AmazonSmile: 4 PC Tactical Battery Case AA AAA CR2 CR123 Batteries Box Container -TAN/BROWN. Work Okay, fairly rugged and secure.

I had some similar to this, but the latch broke: AmazonSmile: Yonger Pack of Battery Storage Hard Case Holder/Organizer Cell Box for AA / AAA.

I'm not sure what to do about button cells, other than keep them in the original packaging.

Most of the battery storage solutions out there work fine in the closet, but I wouldn't want to use them in my daily carry bag, let alone range bag, BOB, etc.
    I have and use several of the Storacell battery holders for various NiMH, lithium primary, and Li-ion cells. They work well. As long as the positive terminal is down, both terminals are well protected from unintentional contact with something conductive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

For work and play packs with internal pocket organizers I use Storacell A9 and 4xCR123 in freezer bag. The A9 stores 9v/aa/aaa. If you have time and want to purchase more than one holder check the Sroracell website, discount and shipping pricing. For some reason the large models are sometimes 2x priced on Amazon.

For loose storage or bags without internal pockets I use those flip top generics that Drang linked.

Dry bag or cheap waterproof phone hard case can ruggedize and waterproof your storage.

The Thrym is sweet but doesn't store enough batteries for my devices.

User Tag List