Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem Diagnosed.... Now how to fix it?

[QUOTE=JFK;50019]Today I tried some distance shooting SHO and also deliberate slow reloads. My 25yrd accuracy is not as good as I would like. I can only see the center of the target at that distance, and the front sight covers the x - 8 ring. I would love to know how to improve distance accuracy.
    QUOTE]

@25yds the black on a B8 target should be roughly the width of your front sight. Do you have any vision problems? Was it more your groups or shot placement you were not happy with? One thing I found helpfull was to focus on something very specific on my front sight rather than the sight itself, I focus on the very top of the outline around the tritium, I also try to see the serrations.

As far as the trigger press itself, I like to picture the mechanical operation of the trigger (the trigger bar pulling back on the striker, the connector pulling the trigger bar down, and the striker releasing). For some reason this really helps me work the trigger with the precision we are talking about.

Also, when I was really hitting the accuacy stuff hard I found that some days I just didnt have the attention span required. I would suggest that you try to avoid strict round counts in your range sessions dont try to power through a rough day, bad reps dont help anything. If I can only get 30 rounds off before I loose it then I just pack it up and leave. Other days I may get closer to 300. In general I find that I am only good for about 200rounds of bullseye before my concentration runs away.

[QUOTE=Ptrlcop;50129]
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    Today I tried some distance shooting SHO and also deliberate slow reloads. My 25yrd accuracy is not as good as I would like. I can only see the center of the target at that distance, and the front sight covers the x - 8 ring. I would love to know how to improve distance accuracy.
    QUOTE]

@25yds the black on a B8 target should be roughly the width of your front sight. Do you have any vision problems? Was it more your groups or shot placement you were not happy with? One thing I found helpfull was to focus on something very specific on my front sight rather than the sight itself, I focus on the very top of the outline around the tritium, I also try to see the serrations.

As far as the trigger press itself, I like to picture the mechanical operation of the trigger (the trigger bar pulling back on the striker, the connector pulling the trigger bar down, and the striker releasing). For some reason this really helps me work the trigger with the precision we are talking about.

Also, when I was really hitting the accuacy stuff hard I found that some days I just didnt have the attention span required. I would suggest that you try to avoid strict round counts in your range sessions dont try to power through a rough day, bad reps dont help anything. If I can only get 30 rounds off before I loose it then I just pack it up and leave. Other days I may get closer to 300. In general I find that I am only good for about 200rounds of bullseye before my concentration runs away.
    Groups are pretty bad. I do have some distance blurriness with my vision, but it is not bad enough to warrant glasses yet. On a side note, I hate the sights on the HK. Blacking out the rear helped, but I am used to seeing a bit of daylight on the sides of my front sight. I will try your suggestion about using one piece of the sight next time. It may take me a week or so because I am back at work and will not be home till next week. Thanks for your suggestions.

User Tag List