Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

Vortex released a micro red dot with the same footprint as a T1. I love Vortex’s VIP warranty. Battery life is only 7000 hours but I think I am going to give it a shot. I just ordered one from Midway to compare to the PA micro dot I just picked up. Yes the PA has a 50k hour runtime but I’m thinking the VIP warranty is worth 2 CR2032 batteries a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I ordered one earlier this week. It should be delivered tomorrow.
    Let me know what you think. Vortex has always been good to me. I’ve been running a SPARC AR for over 2 years now with no issues and I am by no means gentle with it.

It sits a tad lower than the PA AMD. Clarity and dot seems equal. The Vortex feels more durable though, and I like the rotary control better than the push button. Vortex says the battery will last at least 9 months with the intensity set to 6. 6 is visible in the AZ sun without being too bright for low light use so I’m going to leave it there. Just bought a box of a dozen CR2032s for less than 6 bucks. At a dollar a year in battery cost with the VIP warranty and 50 bucks cheaper than the PA, I’m going to stick with Vortex.
    Name:  A4DFDFB1-5746-4B99-85A5-18EC55E37452.jpg
Views: 3362
Size:  37.4 KBName:  5863A012-E385-4CF2-AF14-CE5452519B3D.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  27.6 KB

The price on these is unreal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Let me know what you think. Vortex has always been good to me. I’ve been running a SPARC AR for over 2 years now with no issues and I am by no means gentle with it.
    What Jay said above Tom, looking forward to your thoughts on it as well.

$129? I've spent more than that on dinner a couple times in my life.

Does the dot stay on or does it auto shut off?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    $129? I've spent more than that on dinner a couple times in my life.

Does the dot stay on or does it auto shut off?
    You & me both Lester & no auto shut off per Vortex’s FAQ page.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    You & me both Lester & no auto shut off per Vortex’s FAQ page.
    Well, I've been looking for a red dot to experiment with on my 336. I think I found it...

Thanks! I was looking in the instruction manual and couldn't find it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Well, I've been looking for a red dot to experiment with on my 336. I think I found it...

Thanks! I was looking in the instruction manual and couldn't find it.
    I don’t think you will be disappointed. I just put a brick of 8 pellet 00 Flight control through the 590 without any shift or flickering. No long term data obviously but it’s very promising for 129 bucks.

Midway is running a 15% off code on most optics right now: 15OPTICS0218 which lowers the final price of one of these to $110.49 shipped with USPS priority. Now I'm tempted. I have no use for another red dot. I don't need another red dot. That is a silly price though. You say these have a T1 footprint?

User Tag List