Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Midway is running a 15% off code on most optics right now: 15OPTICS0218 which lowers the final price of one of these to $110.49 shipped with USPS priority. Now I'm tempted. I have no use for another red dot. I don't need another red dot. That is a silly price though. You say these have a T1 footprint?
    Correct Dan, per Vortex they have a T1 pattern/footprint.

Ordered, I have a M&P 15-22 that will host this nicely.

Still keeping an Aimpoint on all the social guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Ordered, I have a M&P 15-22 that will host this nicely.

Still keeping an Aimpoint on all the social guns.
    My 15-22, AK, and 870 all need these...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be sending mine back to Vortex this coming week. I had it mounted on an RCS aimpoint Balor for testing how shock proof it really is and the dot started flickering on and off after ~200 rounds of 9mm on a G17. Also would occasionally die during dry fire afterwards, dot intensity would go from one point to another with each click of the gun. Seeing that I paid only $110 for the optic for pre-sale through Midway, not surprised, but Vortex says they're shock proof and pistol capable so it is what is.

Site Supporter
    Saw one of these fail today. Was mounted on a SIG MPX 9mm SBR. During course of fire, a series of diagonal red strips appeared above and to the left of the "dot". The dot was still available and you could engage targets but the "red stripes" were distracting. Owner said he would send back to Vortex. Do not know how many rounds through it but not that many.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I have a bunch in stock, call me at 916.670.1103 to grab one or all!
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Wish I had heard about these before I ordered the Primary Arms but it sounds like there might be some teething issues so maybe I'm better off.

Site Supporter
    Those Aimpoint Micros sure are good sights...and these being discussed are Chinese knockoffs of our R&D.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Anyone with hands-on noticed how the refresh rate is? When transitioning targets with my SPARC II, I can see the dot flickering, unlike with my Aimpoint or MRO. Not that it really matters. Just kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    Anyone with hands-on noticed how the refresh rate is? When transitioning targets with my SPARC II, I can see the dot flickering, unlike with my Aimpoint or MRO. Not that it really matters. Just kind of annoying.

There is no issue with a "refresh" rate. There is zero flickering...

Unless, you break yours like i did today.

The sight is dead after three hundred rounds on a bushmaster ACR. The dot started to flicker and then it just went out. I tried changing to a new battery, no dice. I can see where the contact prongs in the sight body arent holding the battery in place. Im assuming that because of this there is no constant contact.

I called Vortex and they told me that they have a new cap design which they will send me free of charge to try. IF that doesn't work they will obviously replace/repair the sight as per their warranty.

For the price, i am not entirely displeased. I was hoping to not run into any issues with this thing but if i can get it replaced/repaired and the next unit actually holds up, im still ok with it considering the price.

We will see. I will report back accordingly.

User Tag List