Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Buying/Commissioning A Bowie?

Greg and Rex, beautiful knives. There is nothing else like a perfectly crafted Belle.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    For a guy who did crime scene photography as a collateral duty this thread is seriously devoid of pictures ;-)
    At work, I used a proprietary software program, Data Works Digital Crime Scene, to upload and review my images, in computers running Windows-something-or-another-Professional. I use iPads, for personal stuff, which was difficult enough to understand, before the last big OS change, in 2019. Now, in 2020, I am more lost, than ever.

I should enroll in training, at the Apple Store, if this COVID thing ever ends.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Who are the go to sheath makers for Bowie’s? Rowe? River City sheath?

Site Supporter
    I have wanted a Bagwell Hell’s Belle ever since I started reading his column in Soldier of Fortune. This thread reminded me of that and makes me want to go through the knives I have accumulated; sell off the excess to fund a Bagwell and a Covington Belle. Like my guns I have decided “less guns but better guns” ok- maybe not less; but better. But me being me I searched evilbay and I found some great Bowies to tide me over. Back in 2002 Camillius had master blade smith Jerry Fisk design a series of Bowies called Fisk OVB. (Our Very Best) they were offered in two blade lengths (7 inch or 11 inch) and two grip materials- Maple or Ironwood. To my surprise I found several for sale for surprisingly low prices. Luckily nobody else bid on of them and I won three of them. (Go big or go home) plus I have been buying for my teenage sons for years. I bought a 7 inch Ironwood “comanchero” midsize Bowie and two 11 inch “southwestern” Bowies . I received the 7 inch yesterday. It’s beautiful, light and scary sharp. I stuck it in my waist band behind my hip and tried
    a presentation. I promptly cut a huge slash in my shirt that I didn’t even feel it when the knife cut through. I tried a lateral slash on a water bottle I sailed right through.
    Name:  2DEF724A-4CA0-41A3-87DD-0763CFBAAE56.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  94.9 KBName:  907ADC9A-FD7A-4F1E-A967-D8FFA337E00A.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  39.5 KB

John Fitch

Name:  Fitch.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  fitch2.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  23.5 KB

Ray Laconico

Name:  Scan_114.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  Scan_130.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  44.7 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Not a true Bowie in the sense that the size is wrong, but wonderful work from Joe Watson, the Alamo Special:

Name:  Watson Alamo Special curly maple.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  Watson Alamo Special micarta.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  14.5 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Ray Laconico

Name:  Scan_114.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  Scan_130.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  44.7 KB

Wow! The lines on that just kinda "sing." Similar to a Rogers 1911 or a Ferrari. Gorgeous!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Wow! The lines on that just kinda "sing." Similar to a Rogers 1911 or a Ferrari. Gorgeous!
    Thanks! The best part of all is that it was gifted to me unexpectedly at the Blade Show some years back by a fellow knife enthusiast. Took me by surprise, for sure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    The 11 inch Fisk Camillius OVB Bowies arrived yesterday. They are both NIB. The wife was not amused. After handling them I understand why they are NIB. The seven inch is a Goldilocks knife; feels just right. The 11 inch blade is huge. It is literally too much of a good thing. It’s not the length, it is also wider. It feels like a sword. Not a machete - just big. My Bowie itch is now currently scratched; except now I need a Watson alamo Bowie. If I ever get challenged to a knife duel I am set. I think I’d rather get shot once than stabbed repeatedly with one of these Bowies
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Covington Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    At work, I used a proprietary software program, Data Works Digital Crime Scene, to upload and review my images, in computers running Windows-something-or-another-Professional. I use iPads, for personal stuff, which was difficult enough to understand, before the last big OS change, in 2019. Now, in 2020, I am more lost, than ever.

I should enroll in training, at the Apple Store, if this COVID thing ever ends.
    Rex,

I just registered on the forum as I found your reviews and pics of Covington Belle's very useful. I just purchased a recent creation from Greg and should be getting her soon. This one was forged from a U.S. made vintage bastard mill file and an old sycamore barn door (likely hog barn), with aged hammered copper. The whole piece has a rustic finish and I'm very excited to receive her.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174458833491

Also is it possible to upload pics direct or do I have to link to URL?

V/R
    -Chris

User Tag List