Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Carry, The Full Size Compact Carry

Yeah, it has been a very busy week for sure. My fingers hurt
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Langdon Tactical I picked up a box from my FFL today. Thanks for quick shipment. Now all I have to do is make time t go shoot it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, it has been a very busy week for sure. My fingers hurt
    Picked up mine from my FFL on the way home from the office. It is raining, so no live fire. But my wife and I have dry-fired it. That is one very nice trigger, in both DA and SA. I really like the sights (same as the PX4CC). It feels better in the hand that the PX4CC. If live fire goes well, I may rethink my carry gun choice. Unless my wife decides it is hers (probable -- and she is a P30 fanatic).

Beretta needs to work on the marketing of these. It could be the mythical "Glock killer" but most know nothing about it.

Special thanks to EL for making these guns a reality and for adding the spurless hammer at my request.

A small update.

1) Got the medium back strap insert substituted for the small. I needed three tools to do it. I used a small, flat screwdriver to get the metal retaining clip started, a larger one to lever the clip out of the frame, and a terminal pick (screwdriver ground down to allow me to depress terminal "locks" in connectors), to dislodge the insert from the frame. My wife and I both liked that change as it made trigger reach more accessible. It also makes using the "stealth" de-cocking levers easier for my short fingers. The latter was a bit of a surprise.

2) Got to put a few rounds through it, mostly some discarded (top rounds from my P30 that I pulled due to administrative handling) 135-grain Hornady Critical Defense. First round from first (twenty-round) magazine loaded with two rounds failed to chamber. That may have been me as I may not have pulled the slide all the way back before running it forward. I could not repeat the failure with the next four magazines.

3) This pistol really would benefit from a traction treatment, meaning the addition of the Talon grips is a huge positive. The frame, as is, does not allow for a good grip, and the gun is a bit squirmy. I would love to see Beretta add a factory stippling option as I doubt changing the polymer material is feasible without some mold tooling changes.

4) My groups showed my lack of time with the pistol and my grip issues. In deliberate slow-fire with firm attention to my grip, the best ten-shot, twenty-five yard group I shot was a bit under five inches. I believe that is me and not the pistol. The gun slips a bit in the hand without the Talon grip.

5) Other than the first round feed issue, no failures of any sort.

6) I need to be very careful and deliberately de-cock. After years of LEM and Glock, I need to remember that the gun needs to be de-cocked. All of that time riding that hammer and the Gadget helped me. That is all me and nothing to do with the pistol. The spurless hammer does make it easier for me as it is flush with the rear of the slide, much like the Gadget.

I need to purchase a holster for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yes, It will fit in a standard full-size PX4 holster. Since the gun comes with stealth levers, there may be some extra space on a standard holster, but it should still fit with no issues.
    Are there specific holsters you’d recommend for the full-size PX4 and Elite 92 you have put out?
    Last edited by NWshooter; 12-08-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    Are there specific holsters you’d recommend for the full-size PX4 and Elite 92 you have put out?
    I’m not Ernest, but a full-size PX4 has been my main carry gun for the past two years. I’ve been pretty happy with the OWB#2 and IWB#3 from JMCK.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I’m not Ernest, but a full-size PX4 has been my main carry gun for the past two years. I’ve been pretty happy with the OWB#2 and IWB#3 from JMCK.
    Thank you

I’ll check the IWB out
    Last edited by NWshooter; 12-08-2019 at 05:56 PM.

JM Custom IWB #3.

Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    Well, holsters are tough as it raises lots of other questions. What are you doing with the gun? What is your body type? Where do you plan to carry the gun, OWB, IWB, AIWB? How do you wear your pants, how high is the waist ban on your body? All of these are factors on how a holster will fit and work for you.

We sell several holsters of different types on our website and there are many large threads on this site that cover this issue. Everyone is different, their bodies are different and their day to day needs are different.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

My PX4 with the trigger job arrived today to my local FFL So I went down and did my paperwork

Luckily for me, I live in the great State of Washington and I get to wait 10 days to collect my firearm because our politicians and so many that vote for them a idiots.

My Elite 92 arrived on Monday, so I already started the waiting on that one.

The wait will be worth it. But goddamn I hate this state. Which is funny, because the Washington state constitution is pretty strong when it comes to protecting gun owners and their rights.

But the left in this state doesn’t much care for following what the constitution says......unless it means they can grab more of our money.

I digress......

User Tag List