Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Carry, The Full Size Compact Carry

@LangdonTactical Are you still producing this gun? After weeks and week of research and trips to the shop, I've settled on the LT PX4 full-size carry. Site doesn't allow me to order - something, something "out of stock". I could do the compact carry, but I don't plan to carry any gun and figure the longer site radius more important than the size saving.

I am curious how you feel about shooting and accuracy of the compact carry vs full-size carry.

Quote Originally Posted by bigNate View Post
    @LangdonTactical Are you still producing this gun? After weeks and week of research and trips to the shop, I've settled on the LT PX4 full-size carry. Site doesn't allow me to order - something, something "out of stock". I could do the compact carry, but I don't plan to carry any gun and figure the longer site radius more important than the size saving.
    I'm not Langdon Tactical, but I got PX4 Carry (full size) out of their last shipment.

Yes, the are out of stock, again.

They came back in stock in late March 2021 after being out of stock probably since Sep/Oct 2020. I think this group was sold out in a couple of months. I got mine, though. I got on the Langdon Tactical mailing list, and ordered my gun the day I got the email.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'm not Langdon Tactical, but I got PX4 Carry (full size) out of their last shipment.

Yes, the are out of stock, again.

They came back in stock in late March 2021 after being out of stock probably since Sep/Oct 2020. I think this group was sold out in a couple of months. I got mine, though. I got on the Langdon Tactical mailing list, and ordered my gun the day I got the email.
    Lucky. I got in on one in June, but am still waiting. Hopefully I'll hear something soon

I am curious how you feel about shooting and accuracy of the compact carry vs full-size carry.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post685669

I think there were a couple more, but this is the post I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post685669

I think there were a couple more, but this is the post I remember.
    Thx. That helps. Nice to see others chime in. Nice to see some like the compact vs full size. That’s part (and a big part) of mybquestion, but the another part is about the accuracy in shooting between the two. Does the extra 3/4 inch on barrel and sight radius make a noticeable difference?

size matters?

Thx. ... Does the extra 3/4 inch on barrel and sight radius make a noticeable difference?
    I have found it much easier to print tiny groups while bullseye shooting with a full size 9 compared to the Compact. Sight radius is a factor and muzzle weight is another.

Thx. That helps. Nice to see others chime in. Nice to see some like the compact vs full size. That’s part (and a big part) of mybquestion, but the another part is about the accuracy in shooting between the two. Does the extra 3/4 inch on barrel and sight radius make a noticeable difference?

You would need the full size and compact to compare, WITH identical sights. My full size .40, has a different rear sight then the compact (D, C model slide are different then F and G models). My full size Type G 9 was bought when the Ameriglo sights were not available for it (has Trijicon HD's on it that someone took off their compact, cheap). My compacts (9 and 40) has CUSTOM Ameriglo's (Spartan sights they advertised and never offered, had to have vials installed in the rear).

For me, being ambidextrous is more important (right and left handers in family, different eye dominance), then the extra length. I hope more chime in, but I believe it still comes down to personal needs and preferences.

Well.. I had a chance to hold both - PX4 Compact and PX4 Full-Size. I was pretty shocked for an unexpected reason. I don't have large hands - pretty solid medium sized gloves (5'10). My hand doesn't fit well on smaller Compact grip. Pinky finger cannot get good purchase. I went back and forth between the two guns for 30 minutes a bit shocked I couldn't get solid comfortable hold on the smaller Compact.

So; the fact that I cannot comfortably hold the Compact model made the decision quite easy for me. Definitely wanted a Full-Size edition. Specifically the LTT Full-Size Carry. They are on backorder and have no current schedule to be back in stock. Fortunately, one of the members here had a gently used, perfect condition Full-Size Carry which he was kind enough to sell me.

Loving it. What a phenomenal gun.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    My compacts (9 and 40) has CUSTOM Ameriglo's (Spartan sights they advertised and never offered, had to have vials installed in the rear).
    How'd you go about getting this done?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    How'd you go about getting this done?
    Evidently the ability to get to my bookmarks, has disappeared. (thought it used to be under the drop down quick links menu)

I bookmarked a link through this forum, to Tooltech. They can change the front ring color of Trijicon's, or drill and install vials in blank rear sights.

User Tag List