Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Beretta PX4 Carry, The Full Size Compact Carry

Red face Not about the Px4, but . . .

Tooltech as been doing this for a long time. And they are still doing it. http://tooltechgunsight.com/

I have an old Washington State Patrol 92. Tooltech had the ability, 30 or 40 years ago, to turn non-tritium sights into actual tritium glowing sights. This includes the machined-in front sights of the M92. I know they did this for WSP because I used to know the dealer who had that contract with WSP. Naturally those are now deader than Elvis. They are not even tiny white dots.

And just so I belong here, I consider my Landon Carry Compact as one of the "never sell" guns.

And I'm so old I remember the WSP carrying S&W 6-inch Highway Patrol .357 Magnums, carried cross-draw. But that puts me into another sub-forum.

Bart Noir
    “I was handy with a rifle, my father’s .303. I fought for something final, not the right to disagree.” -Leonard Cohen.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by bigNate View Post
    Well.. I had a chance to hold both - PX4 Compact and PX4 Full-Size. I was pretty shocked for an unexpected reason. I don't have large hands - pretty solid medium sized gloves (5'10). My hand doesn't fit well on smaller Compact grip. Pinky finger cannot get good purchase. I went back and forth between the two guns for 30 minutes a bit shocked I couldn't get solid comfortable hold on the smaller Compact.
    Sounds a bit like my situation. I have never gotten on particularly well with the PX4 compact's grip length, though I love the subcompact and like the full size. For a lot of people the compact is probably the best of the three sizes for overall shootability and ease of use. Just not for me.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Evidently the ability to get to my bookmarks, has disappeared. (thought it used to be under the drop down quick links menu)

I bookmarked a link through this forum, to Tooltech. They can change the front ring color of Trijicon's, or drill and install vials in blank rear sights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post
    Tooltech as been doing this for a long time. And they are still doing it. http://tooltechgunsight.com/

I have an old Washington State Patrol 92. Tooltech had the ability, 30 or 40 years ago, to turn non-tritium sights into actual tritium glowing sights. This includes the machined-in front sights of the M92. I know they did this for WSP because I used to know the dealer who had that contract with WSP. Naturally those are now deader than Elvis. They are not even tiny white dots.
    I remembered reading several years ago that Tooltech stopped relamping and drilling out new lamps. If that's not longer the case, that's great, I was just not aware of it.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I remembered reading several years ago that Tooltech stopped relamping and drilling out new lamps. If that's not longer the case, that's great, I was just not aware of it.
    I called and checked with them a few years ago to see if they would “relamp” a front sight. They said no, they stopped that service. Definitely worth checking into to see if they have started providing that service again.

I have heard mixed on relamping DEAD sights. They still do new sights, and the bookmark I was looking for, had to do with them replacing the ring on a front sight.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I have heard mixed on relamping DEAD sights. They still do new sights, and the bookmark I was looking for, had to do with them replacing the ring on a front sight.
    Is this what you're referring to?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

BINGO and THANK YOU!

Now I need to figure out where the bookmark link went.

BINGO and THANK YOU!

Now I need to figure out where the bookmark link went.
    They did a great job on the orange insert. It is more of a pumpkin orange, and not a bright blaze orange though. It still gives a good contrast to the rear sight. That was a new front sight that didn’t need a lamp. I asked about replacing the lamp on a 92 front sight and they said they no longer offer the service.

Check here to see the TT orange front sight outline:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....no-9mm-Project
    Last edited by medmo; 09-26-2021 at 10:53 PM.

User Tag List