Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Appendix Draw - Flagged Thumb; Beavertail Backstrap

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz87 View Post
    this is an awesome thread and I kind of do what Mr White does, I noticed I couldn't secure my grip as consistently when trying to jam my thumb between my body and gun, I can also tuck the grip in more with this kind of draw and not be hampered by it.
    I think you hit on an important point there. I get master grip the way I do, I think largely because of how tightly the gun is held to my body. There is a lot more room to get the thumb between the gun and body with an OWB holster.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I think you hit on an important point there. I get master grip the way I do, I think largely because of how tightly the gun is held to my body. There is a lot more room to get the thumb between the gun and body with an OWB holster.
    you use the Spencers keeper still correct? It's pretty similar to the JM AIWB I use with the wedge so that makes a ton of sense. I'm able to conceal a big ole pistol because of how tightly the grip is pushed into the body. I'm just a lowly noob and been watching many a youtube video on draw, and grip. I couldn't get the thumb in between the body to work, because there just isn't the space with how tight the gun is pressed in. Once I modified my draw it has allowed me to get much stronger master grip each time.

Yep Nimitz87, totally agree with what you say there, and I am still using the Keepers.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I go for a full grip and try not to flub it.
    I think this is the best video I have of my draw.

I've definitely pulled some hair if I don't wear a wife beater. I also lift in wife beaters and have nice grease stains right there where I carry. My wife hates them

User Tag List