Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No compromise on gun control?

Site Supporter
    Collectivism, in all forms, can eat a bowl of dicks.

Joe in PNG said it best. Compromise is just a noose to hang ourselves. Once we started fighting back and promoting freedom's causes, we started winning.

Mass shootings, in my understanding of the situations, is a mental and highly possibly a pharmaceutical one.

It is no one's business-least of all any state or federal government:

How many rounds I have in any magazine
    How many pistols, rifles, shotguns I own
    How much ammo I buy
    What gas mileage my vehicles get
    What I do to my engine
    What my healthcare plan is
    Among other things....

ETA: Just because the founding fathers could not imagine an AK 47 (highly suspect assumption) doesn't mean that we abandon the first amendment either because: Slayer, Sasha Baron Cohen, Eminem, Michael Moore, and even ISIS could not have been imagined.

Stupidest argument ever.

I could make fun of a flight attendant having an opinion on the second amendment, but the farcical nature of it all speaks for itself.
    Last edited by fixer; 01-30-2018 at 10:53 PM.

No surrender. No retreat. No compromise. No shit.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

A compromise would be we'll require a NICS check for bump stocks in exchange for the abolishment of the NFA and nothing more than a NICS check for machine guns.

A compromise is NOT, in exchange for a ban on bump stocks we get to "grandfather" existing ones.

Guess which style of "compromise" we've had shoved up our ass since 1934?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Ed L posted this in another thread but this is a good illustration of where “compromise” and “reasonable” gun control leads:

This is a bit different from the original question and goes to firearm ownership in one state.

In New York City & NY State, where you need a license to own a handgun and unlicensed possession can land you behind bar, they have questions about mental health on their application. These questions include things like if you have ever suffered from mental illness--which they include to be depression, taken tranquilizers, anti-depressants. If you answer yes, you are instructed to provide an explanation along with the name of the doctor who treated you. From what I have heard, if you answer in the affirmative even with suitable doctor's explanations, it is almost an immediate disqualifier. In fact, if you hold a NY State pistol permit you are supposed to notify the pistol licensing section when the licensee or a member of the licensee’s household receives professional treatment for mental health issues (including depression).

Site Supporter
    I used to worry that we as gun owners did not seem reasonable to the soccer mom segment. Now I realize we need to educate none gun owners that the second amendment is a civil right and they are being unreasonable. Then I like to remind them that banning guns simply is impossible. After all we have been able to stop all the cocaine and heroin coming into our country

No compromise on gun control?

Compromise: Hitler wanted to kill all the Jews. Let’s let him kill half the Jews.

One year later: Hitler wants to kill all the Jews. We let him kill half the remaining Jews.

One year later....

Pretty soon no Jews left.

While hyperbole, I hope it gets the point across. No, compromise doesn’t work with those that want to eliminate something from the face of the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shiv; 01-30-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Ok. No compromise on gun regulations.

How would people propose reducing guns getting into the wrong hands (criminals, kids, mentally ill, etc.) a good guy with a gun does not stop a mass shooting, it just minimizes it.

Or... Do we accept those consequences as an understood price to pay for 2a? Idiots with guns is just an outcome of unbridled 2a?

I know that sounds like Shannon Watts.

Go after straw purchasers? More jail time for crimes committed with a gun (which could be used against a self defender)?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    How would people propose reducing guns getting into the wrong hands (criminals, kids, mentally ill, etc.) a good guy with a gun does not stop a mass shooting, it just minimizes it.
    If we start actually prosecuting every prohibited possessor and actually putting them in jail the overall firearms related crimes rate would drop like a rock.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Exile
    Last edited by Cypher; 01-30-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    If we start actually prosecuting every prohibited possessor and actually putting them in jail the overall firearms related crimes rate would drop like a rock.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Exile
    This ^^^

Note I live in a country with gun control so strict it makes the UK look like Somalia.
    And yet, the criminals seem to have guns- and only the criminals.
    It's almost cliche, but it's true. You can't keep criminals from getting guns.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List