Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm Parts. What does each part do and how?

Part 3- What makes the trigger bar go up & down? What makes the clicking noise when your trigger resets?

The trigger bar has its own spring in the frame's magazine well. You might have seen it while cleaning.
    This spring pushes upward on the trigger bar.

Attachment 23450

The spring rides in its own groove

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  39.4 KB
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 01-31-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Part 4 in The ups and downs of being a trigger bar

So now you fired, the slide pushed the trigger bar down. What happened then?

When the trigger bar went down it lost contact with the sear’s spot #4 and lined up with pointer spot #3 (see sear pointers picture). This releases the sear, which is pushed back by its spring and lays on the hammer, waiting. When the hammer moves forward from recoil it catches it for single action.
    The trigger bar is now under the contact #4, hiding impatiently at contact #3. The slide moves forward and the trigger bar could come up... but it is under the sear. When you move the trigger forward (which moves the trigger bar back) Click! it pops up and you are reset with a trigger bar in line with the sear.

Name:  a.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  35.4 KB

Attachment 23453

i believe you, but you lost me. it's hard to visualize what is going on with all these parts laid out on a table, and their relation to one another not clear.

all i know is that when i pull the trigger, it goes bang. every time.
    Last edited by DAB; 01-31-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    i believe you, but you lost me. it's hard to visualize what is going on with all these parts laid out on a table, and their relation to one another not clear.

all i know is that when i pull the trigger, it goes bang. every time.
    DAB, Good point. I was at the range today and the one part that needs the most attention... is that trigger!

think of the "knee bone connects to the leg bone song".

the trigger is pulled, it rotates on a pin, is returned by a spring. the trigger moves the trigger bar. now what does the trigger bar do? and so on..... progressive explanation. trigger bar pulls back the hammer, the sear releases the hammer, the hammer hits the firing pin....

think of the "knee bone connects to the leg bone song".

the trigger is pulled, it rotates on a pin, is returned by a spring. the trigger moves the trigger bar. now what does the trigger bar do? and so on..... progressive explanation. trigger bar pulls back the hammer, the sear releases the hammer, the hammer hits the firing pin....
    Now you're getting it Grasshopper...

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Now you're getting it Grasshopper...
    i know that part. but how each part does it's thing....well, some thing are just pure magic to me. don't start in the middle of a song, start at the beginning, so everyone can follow along, even those who know the song.

and then the ammo goes bang, and that makes the slide retract, and that resets the hammer, which is supported by the hammer spring on the hammer strut.....

i know that part. but how each part does it's thing....well, some thing are just pure magic to me. don't start in the middle of a song, start at the beginning, so everyone can follow along, even those who know the song.

and then the ammo goes bang, and that makes the slide retract, and that resets the hammer, which is supported by the hammer spring on the hammer strut.....

Look at it like a jigsaw puzzle.
    First, you saw the expected picture on the box. Next, all you can do is just keep putting those little, separated pieces on the table. For a while, you just have a bunch of convoluted pieces that don't add up in how they fit together.
    Then all at once, you see how the pieces fit together and viólá!

So for now, don't get frustrated. Just see it as a bunch of pieces that you sort out by group, color or category. At some point you'll have enough pieces to see a picture.

I would suggest you view it as being a puzzle piece collector. Wait until you have so many pieces that they fit all by themselves.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 01-31-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Part 1- How does lowering your decocker/safety levers cause the hammer to drop?

This spot in your slide is part of the decocker/safety shaft. Notice it is flat and takes up no room.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  50.9 KB

When you lower your levers it turns the shaft and exposes a larger, round section in that spot. It takes up more room.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  39.5 KB

Part 2- How does lowering your decocker/safety levers cause the hammer to drop?

Under that spot is the hammer drop lever. When the shaft takes up its room, it is pushed down.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  38.9 KB

When it is pushed down the bottom of it pushes forward, moving the sear forward, letting the hammer drop.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  36.4 KB
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 02-01-2018 at 03:57 PM.

User Tag List