Thread: Point of Aim/Impact

Point of Aim/Impact

I usually shoot pistols at 25 yards to 100 feet, but I plan to give one of my Browning 85%1911-380/22 Compact Convertibles to my daughter, and my uneducated guess is that 25 feet would be a good average distance for her.

With its 380 slide, this gun was shooting about 15"-18" low at 100 feet and an undetermined distance left. I've now reduced the vertical deviation between point of aim and average point of impact to 0.04" a t 25 feet and the horizontal deviation to 1.25" left at 25 feet (I'm not sure if that horizontal deviation is the gun, or me). I'm going to shoot it again before adjusting the rear sight horizontally. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I wouldn’t move the sights until the intended recipient of the gun has had a chance to shoot it at reasonable distances.

Her eyes might not resolve or superimpose the iron sights on the target the same way as you. She will grip the gun differently, presuming your hand size and strength are not identical.

Pistols zero differently for different folks. I know that it’s rare for me to pick up or lend a gun to someone for bullseye and have them shoot to the same POA.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List