Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a 3" S&W Model 65-5

Site Supporter
    I have spoken to the OP. I am curious to others who have purchased or shopped for a 3" 65 what prices are you seeing?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have spoken to the OP. I am curious to others who have purchased or shopped for a 3" 65 what prices are you seeing?
    $500 for this one. Worked out to another $50 for the necessary repairs.

(Yes, I'm still a little hacked off about it. When I think of it. It's a family trait. My mother won the gold in Grudge-Holding in the `48 Olympics.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    $500 for this one. Worked out to another $50 for the necessary repairs.

(Yes, I'm still a little hacked off about it. When I think of it. It's a family trait. My mother won the gold in Grudge-Holding in the `48 Olympics.)
    I can imagine your disappointment. Thank you for the link it provided insight. It appears the prices for a 3" 65 are all over the board

Site Supporter
    Name:  7931EC67-D900-4141-B225-FD692B0D3353.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  55.2 KB
    Picked up this 65-3 yesterday. One of my “grail” revolvers. I need to put some orange paint on the front sight and order a Tyler T grip. The 9 ring flyer was from momentarily “losing” the front sight. First shot cut the “X”. Very pleased.
    I cannot figure out how to orient the picture the right way....
    Last edited by deputyG23; 02-25-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Name:  7931EC67-D900-4141-B225-FD692B0D3353.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  55.2 KB
    Picked up this 65-3 yesterday. One of my “grail” revolvers. I need to put some orange paint on the front sight and order a Tyler T grip. The 9 ring flyer was from momentarily “losing” the front sight. First shot cut the “X”. Very pleased.
    Totally awesome. Check your PMs.

Site Supporter
    Sweet!

I wanted a 3” 65 for the longest time! The day came that I found one and I could afford it. The stars were finally aligned properly!
    I got it home and right off the bat I couldn’t see the front sight at all. No problem. Some fingernail polish will fix that! No, no it didn’t help me at all. I just had a bright red blob to work with. Again, I thought this will be okay, I can still work with it. No, I couldn’t work with it. I couldn’t see the sights and I couldn’t hit anything with it. Good news is that I sold the 65 for a nice profit! I still want another one, but I run the Ruger WC GP100s better. Mostly because I can actually see the sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Totally awesome. Check your PMs.
    Is that indoor range off of Freya still in operation? I shot there while I was in school.

civiliandefender.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    I wanted a 3” 65 for the longest time! The day came that I found one and I could afford it. The stars were finally aligned properly!
    I got it home and right off the bat I couldn’t see the front sight at all. No problem. Some fingernail polish will fix that! No, no it didn’t help me at all. I just had a bright red blob to work with. Again, I thought this will be okay, I can still work with it. No, I couldn’t work with it. I couldn’t see the sights and I couldn’t hit anything with it. Good news is that I sold the 65 for a nice profit! I still want another one, but I run the Ruger WC GP100s better. Mostly because I can actually see the sights.
    I will never understand the extremely ramped front sights on the fixed sight models, but like everything else about the K-frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Is that indoor range off of Freya still in operation? I shot there while I was in school.

civiliandefender.com5
    Indeed! I was just there on Friday for fun with the new Henry...

User Tag List