Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark 7 Evolution

Mark 7 Evolution

I was about to finally upgrade to a Dillon 1050, and saw this released at SHOT this year. It seems to be a direct competitor to the 1050 in rate, price, and function. Based on descriptions on videos and initial impressions, it looks like they tried to make a smoother/more reliable 1050. What are your thoughts on it? Worth taking a chance on it or stick to the proven 1050?

I'm thrilled to see some real competition for the 1050 and 650. I love my 1050, but it has not been trouble free. There are so many design flaws...

I can't say whether the Mark 7 is good to go, but I've heard great things about their products. If I was in the market for a new press, I'd seriously consider it.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I'm intrigued. If this turns out to be a viable alternative to the 1050, I'm going to work some OT to pick one up...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Definitely going to keep an eye on this for when I outgrow the 550. As long as the after-purchase service is there, this looks to solve some of the 1050's issues and, most importantly, is designed to integrate with the auto-drive upgrade should someone have the extra green to throw at it.

Dibs on @Gio 's 1050!

Isn't this still much more expensive than a Mark7'd 1050?
    #RESIST

The extra stations are sweet! The upgrade options are freaking awesome as well! Primer collator? Awesomeness. It is really cool to see some innovation in this market for sure. It will be interesting to see how these work over the long haul. Maybe the resident loading expert @GuanoLoco will get one and let us know how these shake out. They look fantastic, I am really curious about the case feed system using bearings. Price point is also good I think. Only downside I see with this model is it doesn't look like you have the ability to go auto-drive, or at least I didn't see it listed.

They have the Evolution and the Evolution Pro (same thing but with autodrive), so I think you should be able to upgrade the Evolution to autodrive. I'm definitely intrigued...Dillon certainly has the pedigree and customer service reputation, but their machines are not without some flaws and annoyances (the primer systems being the biggest flaw in my opinion). That's a lot of money to drop on being one of the first buyers though, so I'm still apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    That's a lot of money to drop on being one of the first buyers though, so I'm still apprehensive.
    But dude, you'll be the envy of everyone here. You could charge #poorfags a dollar a minute just to watch it run. I've got my $5 ready...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Dibs on @Gio 's 1050!

Isn't this still much more expensive than a Mark7'd 1050?
    The two presses themselves appear to be very close in price. Though it's not clear yet, it appears the autodrive upgrade for the Evolution might be around $2500 as opposed to $1800 for the cheaper 1050 autodrive option, though the latter is appears more limited and tops out at 1800 rounds per hour vs the Evolution's 2500. The mid-level 1050 auto drive option looks to be priced about the same as the Evolution upgrade. All in all it seems quite impressive.

Assuming this met someone's needs from a volume standpoint, I'd be most concerned about service-related issues and being a gen 1 beta tester. That said, it's great to see more options out there. Perhaps when I get above shooting 10k a year (and have a bigger basement) they'll have ironed any bugs out.

I’m spending too much time on the job front, but I am watching this unit with interest.

It might be in my future, but not in my immediate future. Agree with not really wanting to be a Gen1 beta tester, especially with limited time.

It would also have to be automated. My 20K/year minimum goal means a manual press eats my elbows up too much.

Convenience and reliability at speed is my #1 concern.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-30-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List