Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody got any real rounds through a Kimber K6s?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Gun folk have long memories.
    Kimber gave folks plenty of reasons to avoid their products after as well
    #RESIST

When these were first released, I read there was NO mim in these revolvers. Since Kimber is a long time & extensive user of MIM, found this hard to believe. Anyone know?

Having dealt with Denis at Kimber customer service awhile back, let's just say I am not a fan. I would tell your "friend" to stick to S&W.

I have traded my Kimber K6s straight across for a new Ruger Match Champion. Bought the Kimber for $683.00 so price wise it was a wash. My WC model SP 101 has returned from NH for correction of headspace. I installed a Novak Night Sight on the WC and I shoot it better than the Kimber, mostly because of the sights. Didn't like the 3 dot system on the Kimber. Friend had a new GP Match Champion and he was looking for a Kimber K6s. We swapped. I carry the Wiley SP with confidence now that Ruger has fixed it and I can make better shots at distance (beyond 15 yds) with the Wiley SP. Love 4" Revolvers and my favorite 357 4" is the GP/MC.
    Last edited by Zeke38; 03-26-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Add photo

Nooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    My biggest obstacle to the acquisition is the lack of support products, particularly holsters I'd want.
    We're weeks from having ours ready.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    We're weeks from having ours ready.
    I assume this will be similar to your J frame holster? Will you support the 3”?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I assume this will be similar to your J frame holster? Will you support the 3”?
    Yup. Clip, soft loop, RCS Eidolon clip, TuckStrut and soft loop as well as set up for future attachments. It'll most likely be a 3" holster for all, that's been doing rather well for all thus far, or rather no one has voiced opposition to it to us.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sorry Heavy Duty but my eyesight wasn't allowing me to shoot with any precision with the sights that were on the Kimber. I have had a 4" 38/357 since 1965 when Uncle Sam issued to me a Model 15 S&W, that is until recently. I wanted a 4" barreled 357 DA that I didn't have to treat like a starter kit. And the Match Champion has filled the bill. The Wiley SP is very accurate and the front night sight is what I need. The Kimber was cool but I shot the Wiley SP better due to the sights and an element of balance. I have a Novak front night sight coming for the Match Champion.

I've come to depend on night sights and have them on many of my defensive handguns, all the Ruger DAs will have front night sights by the end of the week.
    Last edited by Zeke38; 03-26-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Zeke, with your SP-101, does the insert in the front sight center in the notch when you have the top of the blade/notch lined up? How is the POI/POA?
    Thanks, Adam
    Adam

User Tag List