Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Beretta’s D hammer spring in PX4 Storms- Evaluation after long term use

Second D spring Update

I started this thread when my first D spring in my range PX4 .45 G began to give light strikes and needed to be replaced @18,753 rounds. Since then, I have put 19,700 rounds on the replacement D spring with no light strikes, nor problems. I will hit 20,000 on it in a few days and have no plan to replace it.

Not all springs are identical. It is possible that the D spring first used was slightly weaker. So far, all D springs being used in the 7 PX4s we have are going strong and doing well.

Trigger pull on my range .45 is 6.25 lbs DA & 3.5 lbs SA

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    I started this thread when my first D spring in my range PX4 .45 G began to give light strikes and needed to be replaced @18,753 rounds. Since then, I have put 19,700 rounds on the replacement D spring with no light strikes, nor problems. I will hit 20,000 on it in a few days and have no plan to replace it.

Not all springs are identical. It is possible that the D spring first used was slightly weaker. So far, all D springs being used in the 7 PX4s we have are going strong and doing well.

Trigger pull on my range .45 is 6.25 lbs DA & 3.5 lbs SA

25,100 rounds on this D spring without any problems. No light strikes.

30,200 rounds on this D spring with no light strikes.

In my PX4 .45 G it gives me a DA pull of 6.2 lbs & SA pull of 3.5 lbs.

35,050 rounds on this D spring and no change in performance, no light strikes.

40,300 rounds on this D spring and no change in performance, no light strikes.

50,000 rounds on this D spring and no change in performance, no light strikes.

60,500 rounds on this D spring and no change in performance, no light strikes
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 11-16-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    60,500 rounds on this D spring and no change in performance, no light strikes
    This sort of thing reinforces my belief that my PX4s will easily outlast me.

(Hmmm... given my age and overall health, that may not be the testimonial I was looking for.)

g n

Long live the orange cat!

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    This sort of thing reinforces my belief that my PX4s will easily outlast me.

(Hmmm... given my age and overall health, that may not be the testimonial I was looking for.)

g n
    Although the spring has 60,500 rounds on it, the PX4 Storm 45 that it is in has 90,200 rounds on it.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."

Just a couple of years ago I bought a very traditional, all-steel handgun almost universally considered to be quite rugged; standing at the counter of the LGS, I observed that "it will outlast me." My wife of 35+ years gave me the strangest look, and after a brief moment (during which I must have looked more than usually clueless) the dismal plausibility - as Mark Twain phrased it - of it all dawned on me. One of the two employees with whom we had been yakking is roughly my age, and we exchanged shrugs.

Anyway...

Thanks for these updates, as there aren't many local PX4 shooters with high round counts to help me cogitate about maintenance.

g n

User Tag List