Thread: Shot timer app on iPhone

Shot timer app on iPhone

So.. I see there are lots of shot timer apps out there for the iPhone. I am currently using one for dry training which I try do 3-5 times a week.
    I only make it to the range about once every 6 weeks or so due to time and money...in light of this, I don't really want to go out and buy a shot timer. Are any of the iPhone apps good enough to use at the range for shot timing and training?

Any experiences out there?

Thanks.
    CP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had the Surefire one work consistently.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I use "make ready". I think it works pretty good.

Don't remember which ones I've tried, but I haven't had them work consistently well for me in live fire. For dry fire with a par time set, they work fine for me, but that's about the only thing I've found them useful for.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

I have used the Free Shot Timer from Innovative Applications. I haven't used it much, but it has worked OK. I had to turn the sensitivity up pretty far. It's a little awkward to use. The price is right.

For dry and live fire training no, there are no acceptably accurate timers available.

The apps are good for a beginning beep, that is about it. This isn't something that falls under the capabilities of a cell phone.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List