Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vc3 vibratite?

Vc3 vibratite?

I have a question re: Vibratite VC3. I have read all of the company's propaganda, usage lists, etc. and it seems like it will work well, but will it work better than Loctite 243, for holding something (A light) to a heavier recoilng weapon (.308, SCAR, etc) I like the "re-usable" nature of VC3, but is it going to resist the ugly vibrations as much as Loctite 243 would in that application, or am I going to find myself having to re-tighten the mount or risk it shooting loose?

I think it depends.

On steel on steel I think the 243 would do better.

On anodized aluminum I think the VC3 may be a little better as Locktite doesn't react with anodizing. It really just clogs up the threads.

That being said, I have been using 242 on all my AR lights, optics, buis, etc for years and it does fine.

I used to use the VC3 on Sig grip screws. Excellent for that application.

On little screws VC3 is more difficult to use since you let it dry first and it's real easy to cross thread or strip something small with the threads clogged up with red goo.

I'd probably go with the 243.

VC3 has worked well for me where Loctite has failed. It never dries so it's an active threadlocker in a sense.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    VC3 has worked well for me where Loctite has failed. It never dries so it's an active threadlocker in a sense.
    Which application, specifically?

I've used it on carburetor mixture screws and it worked fabulous. But I highly doubt it will hold much on a gun, totally different type of vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Which application, specifically?
    Everything. Specifically Glock front sights, AR castle nuts (SIN! It was a 22 lower and I was playing with end plates), and optics screws. I know others have had great success where red and blue loctite gave out.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Everything. Specifically Glock front sights, AR castle nuts (SIN! It was a 22 lower and I was playing with end plates), and optics screws. I know others have had great success where red and blue loctite gave out.
    Wow. A struggle of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I have a question re: Vibratite VC3. I have read all of the company's propaganda, usage lists, etc. and it seems like it will work well, but will it work better than Loctite 243, for holding something (A light) to a heavier recoilng weapon (.308, SCAR, etc) I like the "re-usable" nature of VC3, but is it going to resist the ugly vibrations as much as Loctite 243 would in that application, or am I going to find myself having to re-tighten the mount or risk it shooting loose?
    I can't comment on its effectiveness, but I do know that Kinetic Development Group ships their SCAR rails and other accessories with Vibratite.

I have also had better experience with vc3 over blue 242....fwiw it's on sale on Amazon for 13.50 for 30ml...usually it's 18.50

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

VC3 is good stuff. I've been using it for a while on various little gun screws. I'm no engineer but if I torque the screw properly to begin with using the hex key torque method I've never had a VC3 screw come loose. I found out about it when a lot of different mount companies started including it with their products. For instance I think ADM and Troy include a little one-use packet with their products. VC3 works faster than other things I've used because it dries sort of like rubber cement and is good to go in a couple minutes. VC3 is viscous and easier to apply than loctite but on the other hand it doesn't have much of a wicking property. Subjectively the VC3 seems to do better than other stuff on parts that might not be thoroughly degreased . I like the one-use packets for my range bag, you can fix a Glock front sight for someone on the spot without worrying too much about drying times and cleaning the parts real well. The one downside is I've had it cure in the bottle out in my hot garage. That bottle was like 6 years old though and might not have been closed tightly.

I haven't tested VC3 for heat resistance so I still use Rocksett for muzzle devices.

User Tag List