Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
VC3 is good stuff. I've been using it for a while on various little gun screws. I'm no engineer but if I torque the screw properly to begin with using the hex key torque method I've never had a VC3 screw come loose. I found out about it when a lot of different mount companies started including it with their products. For instance I think ADM and Troy include a little one-use packet with their products. VC3 works faster than other things I've used because it dries sort of like rubber cement and is good to go in a couple minutes. VC3 is viscous and easier to apply than loctite but on the other hand it doesn't have much of a wicking property. Subjectively the VC3 seems to do better than other stuff on parts that might not be thoroughly degreased . I like the one-use packets for my range bag, you can fix a Glock front sight for someone on the spot without worrying too much about drying times and cleaning the parts real well. The one downside is I've had it cure in the bottle out in my hot garage. That bottle was like 6 years old though and might not have been closed tightly.

I haven't tested VC3 for heat resistance so I still use Rocksett for muzzle devices.
I think it says 160*F is the upper limit.

Thanks all, I have designed my own test...the rear spoiler on my CX5 (yes...that's what it's called, a "spoiler") is attatched via stud/nut x 4. 3 of the 4 had rattled off, and 2 of the 4 nuts were even missing 100%. I replaced the two center nuts using Loctite 243, and the two outer nuts (4 evenly spaced across the spoiler) with VC3. The outer seem to bare the worst of it, as those were the two completely vibrated loose and missing. Pretty good free "shaker table", a rear spoiler, lol. Lots of people on the CX5 forum report this issue.

Anyway, I am curious how it pans out, and will likely use VC3 on my Benelli M4 light mount, which was what this quandary pertained to, as I have had 243 shake loose on shotguns.