Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T2 vs h2, technical

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Would you put a Primary Arms micro on a semi auto shotgun?
    Already have
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    The difference between the T-2 and H-2 is night vision compatibility. The T is and the H isn't. It's my understanding that the submersibility rating is different because the T-2 (being an NSN item) has been formally tested for that and the H-2 hasn't (at least formally in the mil-spec style protocol). Buy either one and be happy. They're excellent sights.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 02-05-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    The difference between the T-2 and H-2 is night vision compatibility. The T is and the H isn't. It's my understanding that the submersibility rating is different because the T-2 (being an NSN item) has been formally tested for that and the H-2 hasn't (at least formally in the mil-spec style protocol). Buy either one and be happy. They're excellent sights.
    w/ The Wayne Dobbs (title given by our friend Pat) having weighed in here, might as well close the thread now IMO.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 02-05-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Excellent, and thank-you so much!

Has aimpoint ceased producing 4moa H2 optics? Multiple sites say they have...?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Has aimpoint ceased producing 4moa H2 optics? Multiple sites say they have...?
    All of the Micros (except the shotgun dedicated S-1) are now available in 2 MOA only. The S-1 is a 6 MOA. And I don't recall any of the -2 Micros being made in anything but 2 MOA. The -1 sights had that option for a long time though.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 02-06-2018 at 08:28 AM.

All of the Micros (except the shotgun dedicated S-1) are now available in 2 MOA only. The S-1 is a 6 MOA. And I don't recall any of the -2 Micros being made in anything but 2 MOA. The -1 sights had that option for a long time though.
    Sales reasons, or product issues of any sort?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Sales reasons, or product issues of any sort?
    When the T-1 popped for the public (10 years ago?) it was only available in 4 MOA, with the 2 MOA being a SOCOM product. Folks started thinking the 4 MOA wasn't as desirable and wanted the 2 MOA sights, so the company made the 2 MOA available and kept the 4 MOA SKU in play. As time went on, the 4 MOA sort of selected itself out and the -2s were 2 MOA in total. I can't tell the difference between 2 and 4 MOA in actual use and doubt anybody else can do so either. You CAN tell when you magnify the sights. The -2 Micros have a new optics package and have shown to be much better with a magnifier in play and are my preferred Aimpoint product, magnifier or not.

There were no performance issues on any of the sights so far as I know.

User Tag List