Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 vs h2, technical

T2 vs h2, technical

I have noted the spec difference regarding operating temperatures , and submersion capabilities...but what's the reality?

It makes no logistical sense for aimpoint to stock 2 kinds of electronic suites, 2 kinds of 0 rings, 2 kinds of whatever. Absolutely none.

So is the H2 just as capable as the t2, and the cost difference is due to testing? Similar to an HPT bolt costing more than one that isn't, even though they are made on the same line seconds apart of the same material treated the Same? Or is there a true physical difference between the two optics aside from the brightness adjustment and nvd coatings?

https://bigtexoutdoors.com/blogs/new...t-micro-sights

The H series sights are identical in every way to the T series with the following exceptions: The T Series is night vision compatible & has a higher water depth rating; (25 meters whereas the H has a rating of 5 meters.)
    Oddly enough I got a T2 with a mount from Larue last year for less than stores that were selling the H2s at
    Last edited by Artemas2; 01-27-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    https://bigtexoutdoors.com/blogs/new...t-micro-sights

biggest difference is the T model has modes for NVGs
    I'm trying to understand if the temp and submersion differences are valid.

Well DB or Wayne can surely set ya straight on this, perhaps they’ll stop in @ some point.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I have noted the spec difference regarding operating temperatures , and submersion capabilities...but what's the reality?

It makes no logistical sense for aimpoint to stock 2 kinds of electronic suites, 2 kinds of 0 rings, 2 kinds of whatever. Absolutely none.

So is the H2 just as capable as the t2, and the cost difference is due to testing? Similar to an HPT bolt costing more than one that isn't, even though they are made on the same line seconds apart of the same material treated the Same? Or is there a true physical difference between the two optics aside from the brightness adjustment and nvd coatings?
    Is there a true physical difference ? Yes.

Is the difference significant to most non military users ? No.

ICE issues H-1’s and the FBI issues H2’s on regular Agent carbines. Thousands in the field with no major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is there a true physical difference ? Yes.

Is the difference significant to most non military users ? No.

ICE issues H-1’s and the FBI issues H2’s on regular Agent carbines. Thousands in the field with no major issues.
    I purchased an H2 for my rifle a couple years back as I figured I wasn't going to be swimming my rifle or engaging in underwater ops. So far my decision has been prudent. I guess if that changes, my next to last thought might be, "damn, I shoulda got that T2!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I only buy the H series, or at least I did until I found the Primary Arms micros.
    #RESIST

I've always used the Ts because I go overboard on everything. Haven't had one fail me yet!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I only buy the H series, or at least I did until I found the Primary Arms micros.
    Would you put a Primary Arms micro on a semi auto shotgun?

I would question if it were a "tested to" kinda thing. T's and H's tested to different depths and come off of different lines? I agree that the differing sku's with similar products could be a mess.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List