Thread: KAC 6.5 Creedmoor upper

KAC 6.5 Creedmoor upper

https://www.knightarmco.com/14719/sh...it-pr-22-m-lok

6.5 CREEDMOOR SR-25 PR, 22”, M-LOK P/N:100223
    The 6.5mm Creedmoor Precision Rifle Upper Receiver Kit was created to provide SR-25 owners with drop-on cutting edge long-range performance. Whether on duty or in competition, 6.5mm Creedmoor delivers significantly improved ballistic coefficient and muzzle velocity with reduced recoil, resulting in simplified solutions at mid-range and more consistent performance at long range. The 22” barrel strikes the perfect balance for across the board ammunition SD leveling and maneuverability. AN 18” long URX4 handguard provides ample space for in-line Night Vision, targeting devices, and range-finders while protecting the precision barrel. The 3-prong flash hider reduces firing signature while serving as a mounting platform for KAC’s line of 7.62 QDC suppressors.

Specifications:
    Barrel: 22” (55.9 cm) Mid-weight Precision profile,1:8 RH Twist
    Caliber: 6.5mm CREEDMOOR
    Weight: 6.9 lbs (3.12 kg)
    Length: 33” (83.82 cm) upper receiver only
    @Sensei
    @Failure2Stop
    #RESIST

WANT!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter
    Not to derail your thread but a relevant question since SR 25 lowers don't grow on trees:

What other AR 10 lowers will work with SR 25 uppers? Specifically, do KAC SR 25 uppers fit Mega Lowers ?

In one of the SHOT 2018 videos Adam Pini mentioned the SR 25 uppers fitting some other lowers including Mega.

Mega says their lower only fits Mega uppers.

My LGS has a Mega lower and it appears to be KAC / Armalite pattern but we tried an LMT upper and an Armalite A series - neither would fit the Mega lower. It seemed like the push pins on the Mega were just slightly too big for the holes in both uppers.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not to derail your thread but a relevant question since SR 25 lowers don't grow on trees:

What other AR 10 lowers will work with SR 25 uppers? Specifically, do KAC SR 25 uppers fit Mega Lowers ?

In one of the SHOT 2018 videos Adam Pini mentioned the SR 25 uppers fitting some other lowers including Mega.

My LGS has a Mega lower and it appears to be KAC / Armalite pattern but we tried an LMT upper and an Armalite A series - neither would fit the Mega lower. It seemed like the push pins on the Mega were just slightly too big for the holes in both uppers.
    Tagging in my LAR bro @Failure2Stop
    #RESIST

Sigh, my wife is going to kill you...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I’m not sure about Mega, but there are a bunch of people on Sniper’sHide talking about SR-25 uppers on their LMT MWS lowers...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Wow, thats cool! Im interested to see how they shoot.

This being Knights Armament, I wonder what the odds are that this upper was first created at the request of a military unit?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This being Knights Armament, I wonder what the odds are that this upper was first created at the request of a military unit?
    .260 Remington is in use in a few places.

SHOT Show 18 – SureFire SOCOM260-SPS Suppressor

You read that right. This is SureFire’s new SOCOM260-SPS Suppressor, designed for a special customer who shoots 260 Remington.
    http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/25...ps-suppressor/

SOCOM is looking at both .260 Rem and 6.5 Creed. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-sniper-rifle/

.260 is supposed to feed better in semi autos due to the shape of the case.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-30-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m not sure about Mega, but there are a bunch of people on Sniper’sHide talking about SR-25 uppers on their LMT MWS lowers...
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

User Tag List