Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New MRDS: Holosun 507C

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Im excited about the green dot variants of these. Really looks to wash out less than red.

Their new closed emitter pistol optic uses a picatinny style mounting style similar the acro. Looks like another solid option from them.
    https://holosun.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=96

Thanks for pointing that out, I had never heard of this design before.
    Now I really want to wait for the 509T but given how fast the 507C sells out I'm worried that waiting will mean I'll be shooting irons for the rest of 2019...

What height sights are we using on these things.

G17.5 MOS with the RMR plate.

It seems like most BUIS's are designed for the RMR which has a lower profile housing. Im seeing a lot of .394 an .395 height rears.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    You can set it to manual mode and adjust the brightness via the buttons and then the solar panel just functions as a backup power source if the battery dies.
    Good to know. Messing with them in the store the dot dims, then disappears when I hold my hand over the solar panel.

How do you switch it to manual ?

New MRDS: Holosun 507C

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    What height sights are we using on these things.

G17.5 MOS with the RMR plate.

It seems like most BUIS's are designed for the RMR which has a lower profile housing. Im seeing a lot of .394 an .395 height rears.
    Missed MOS. Sights that cowitness with RMR cowitness well with the 507c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 05-06-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Good to know. Messing with them in the store the dot dims, then disappears when I hold my hand over the solar panel.

It’s a combination of holding the +/- buttons. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but it’s in the instructions and easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Hold the front button in until it goes noticeably brighter.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Mines up to 1300 rounds so far, 1000 rounds last sunday. Holding up well so far.

Circle dot is far too busy for me. Running it dot only.
    Last edited by BigT; 05-08-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

500 round on my 507C mounted to a 17.5 MOS with Ameriglo suppressor height sights. Thanks to the above poster, the Ameriglo standard height MOS sights worked marvelously. Way, way, way better than the Dawsons that I had on there as those occluded too much of the sight picture.

Some observations.

Pro's:

1. For super fast hosing seven yards and in, the circle and dot is pretty darned cool. Literally, hosing with a threat based focus at 8 inch circles is easy as can be.
    2. Reticle is super bright even in daylight
    3. Red dots=cheating. Eliminating a focal plane is a damned treat. I ran a 4.5 second FAST with about two hundred rounds through the concept (ie a dot on my gun). Not bad.
    4. Part of what makes number 3 a reality for the 507C is the nice viewing window and the crisp dot.
    5. There is very little magnification on this dot versus the RMR which kills my eyes.
    6. There is very little but tint on this dot versus the RMR which again, kills my eyes.
    7. The class is clear and with minimal tint which makes looking through it in varied conditions, pretty awesome.
    8. The front of the lens is inset and takes deliberate effort to smudge with finger prints. It will get smudged but it takes alot to really occlude the window with fingerprint oil.
    9. Price. This thing is a steal. If the 407's with just the 2 MOA dot are built to the same standard then its an even better deal.
    10. No issues running it in the rain. Even though its an open emitter the dot never fractured or ended up as a star burst.
    11. Durability. I wouldn't really say that this is duty ready but for 99% of the people out there, this is going to be more than durable enough for the end user.

Cons:

1. The automatic brightness setting is awful. At night, if you point the gun anywhere near a light source the red dot goes buh bye. I havent tried this during the day so i cant comment. Thankfully, we can turn this off.
    2. Bottom loaded battery. Its not really a huge issue considering zeroing the optic is easy and with the solar panel, battery life is going to be measured in YEARS.
    3. Outside of hosing, that 32 moa circle is kinda...busy. I dont really see myself using this very much but holosun gives us the option of turning it off.
    4. Brightness level adjuster buttons are really small. I wish they were a little bit bigger as they're really hard to hit with gloves on. Granted, i dont usually wear gloves so this is not a huge issue.

That's about it for now. This is my latest foray into red dots which I haven't played with much since 2013. 90% of my experience since then is second hand watching my buddies destroy trijicon RMR's, Deltapoints and Romeo's.

I am cautiously optimistic. For anyone looking to get into the red dot game there is no better option than the holosun, except maybe the Vortex but only because they will replace that until the end of time should it go down.

@GJM
    What happened with the HS507C that crapped out during dry practice? Did you send it in? If so, how was the service?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    @GJM
    What happened with the HS507C that crapped out during dry practice? Did you send it in? If so, how was the service?
    Returned to Amazon for credit!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List